Detector Clubs in Spain

This forum is for news and views from other metal detectorist`s throughout the world.
staffy

Detector Clubs in Spain

Post by staffy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:07 pm

Hi folks
I have relocated to the Costa Blanca (Villamartin) from detecting in Cornwall for 14 years. Can anyone help me, i am looking a detecting club around this area. I am trying to get a license to detect on the beaches,but I would love to be in a club with people who know the law out here.
Many Thanks
Staffy

STAFFY MARK

simm030

Re: Detector Clubs in Spain

Post by simm030 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:42 pm

hello,
I'm also looking to get a beach permit for the costa del sol as I am going at the end of October ......
if I find anything out on where to get beach permits I'll let you know.....
cheers......

ChefClay

Post by ChefClay » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:45 pm

Hi, I am moving out to Gandia area of Spain in a few weeks time.
I have made contact with a Spanish Detecting Club from Valencia and have arranged to meet up just after we have settled.
Like yourselves, I need to find out details regarding permission, permissions, etc.
As soon as I find out any relevant information, I will get back to you with details.
Regards, Paul

Incognito

Post by Incognito » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:28 pm

Just to point out that detecting laws and attitudes vary from one autonomous region to another, and so what works in one region does not apply automatically to another. You can get permission for costa del sol beaches, it does take a few weeks, you will be visiting the ministry for sports or culture of the Junta de Andalucia to do that, in Malaga for the costa del sol.

There are clubs in Spain, some quite closed, some not effective , and surely some more friendly and informal. I guess go by recommendations, or trial and error. I don't know any to recommend because I have never joined any. I expect even local clubs will know the rules for different regions of Spain.

::g

Return to “International Friends”