Saint Bernard Silver Dogtag/Medallion?

Please post any finds here that you wish help with identification.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT - BEFORE CREATING A ID REQUEST, Please Follow the H.A.M.M.Y Code Below....

H - Have at least two good sized clear photos, this is Mandatory
A - About your detecting day, type of land, depth found.
M - Measure items by doing the pics next to a scale or ruler. this is Mandatory
M - Machine used? settings? interesting to other users.
Y - You will always get a better ID if you supply more information.

*PLEASE NOTE: Use of a modern coin or written dimensions no longer qualify as a "scale". We need a properly-defined measure - metric or good old-fashioned inches will do.
Pure History

Saint Bernard Silver Dogtag/Medallion?

Post by Pure History » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:57 pm

Hello everyone.
Myself and the wife went to our local permission which is a dogpark today for about an hour. We didn't find much (Found regular rubbish like tinfoil and iron) due to the limited time we had set ourselves, However towards the end we managed to find this little interested item!

It seem to be a religious pendent/dogtag which shows signs of being silver plated.
On the front you can clearly see it say "Saint Bernard" with the man petting a dog while holding a scepter.
SilverPlatedSaintBernardfront.jpg
On the back it has the image of mountains with a backpack in front containing skii's, ice pick and a red shield with a cross (Medical?)
Both sides show plating although it is pretty worn off in areas.
SilverPlatedSaintBernardback.jpg
Its a great little find for a beginner like myself and my wife as we are still trying to get use to the garrett ace 250 we have, Although it did show up as a soild silver signal which was really nice too.
The ground i will say is very predictable i would say, From observation. There is a clear timeline on the field which for the first 2 inchs is soil is modern, which then there's a heavy rocky layer under that which we have found coins before from 1940s under (Found 1944 silver 6 pence the other day!) so i think its safe to say this is modern as it was about 2 inchs down just before the rocky boundary.

Anyways thats all the information i can think of and as much as i can follow the HAMMY code :'3
Let me know what you think and any other information if possible is always appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cantona1

Re: Saint Bernard Silver Dogtag/Medallion?

Post by cantona1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:47 pm

That's nice, well done ::g ::g

mrcheeky

Re: Saint Bernard Silver Dogtag/Medallion?

Post by mrcheeky » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:13 pm

well done very nice
South London Metal Detector

Return to “Identification of Finds Forum”