ID please

Please post any finds here that you wish help with identification.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT - BEFORE CREATING A ID REQUEST, Please Follow the H.A.M.M.Y Code Below....


H - Have at least two good sized clear photos, this is Mandatory
A - About your detecting day, type of land, depth found.
M - Measure items by doing the pics next to a scale or ruler. this is Mandatory
M - Machine used? settings? interesting to other users.
Y - You will always get a better ID if you supply more information.

*PLEASE NOTE: Use of a modern coin or written dimensions no longer qualify as a "scale". We need a properly-defined measure - metric or good old-fashioned inches will do.
Post Reply
pureg60
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:55 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 18 times

ID please

Post by pureg60 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:53 pm

Hi anybody have a idea what this is?

Thanks Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.



Spearhead
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:37 pm
Has thanked: 1087 times
Been thanked: 895 times

Re: ID please

Post by Spearhead » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:55 pm

That's Roman and a buckle of some sort. ::g

User avatar
fred
Posts: 10251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 2288 times
Been thanked: 5986 times

Re: ID please

Post by fred » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:50 pm

Spearhead wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:55 pm
That's Roman and a buckle of some sort. ::g


Not part of the key from a Roman sliding lock or Medieval padlock then? :D
Equinox 800 x2

Spearhead
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:37 pm
Has thanked: 1087 times
Been thanked: 895 times

Re: ID please

Post by Spearhead » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:29 pm

fred wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:50 pm
Spearhead wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:55 pm
That's Roman and a buckle of some sort. ::g


Not part of the key from a Roman sliding lock or Medieval padlock then? :D
Could be, do you have images for comparison.

User avatar
Allectus
Posts: 27578
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Essexshire ;-)
Has thanked: 1037 times
Been thanked: 5355 times

Re: ID please

Post by Allectus » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:47 pm

Folding knife handle by the look of it with the blade rusted away. ::g

A ;)
British by Birth - English by the Grace Of God.

Spearhead
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:37 pm
Has thanked: 1087 times
Been thanked: 895 times

Re: ID please

Post by Spearhead » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:02 pm

Allectus wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:47 pm
Folding knife handle by the look of it with the blade rusted away. ::g

A ;)
That would account for the rust ::g

User avatar
fred
Posts: 10251
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 2288 times
Been thanked: 5986 times

Re: ID please

Post by fred » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:01 pm

Spearhead wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:29 pm
fred wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:50 pm
Spearhead wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:55 pm
That's Roman and a buckle of some sort. ::g


Not part of the key from a Roman sliding lock or Medieval padlock then? :D
Could be, do you have images for comparison.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Roman+k ... khe5naU2_M
Equinox 800 x2

User avatar
Oxgirl36
Moderator
Posts: 10719
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:54 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Has thanked: 4338 times
Been thanked: 4837 times

Re: ID please

Post by Oxgirl36 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:40 pm

fred wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:01 pm
Spearhead wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:29 pm
fred wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:50 pm




Not part of the key from a Roman sliding lock or Medieval padlock then? :D
Could be, do you have images for comparison.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Roman+k ... khe5naU2_M
I’m convinced by that ::g
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 20 8=ypr

Post Reply

Return to “Identification of Finds Forum”