A few finds this evening with hammered coin

Please tell us a little about your finds and if possible add a few pictures.
kenleyboy

A few finds this evening with hammered coin

Post by kenleyboy » Tue May 14, 2019 10:31 pm

Another last chance saloon dig on the Farm this late afternoon and evening . Weather at the moment is glorious and once work was over I decided to try my luck back in the same area as last visit .
The Spring barley crop has certainly sprouted a little more so my time here is dwindling fast , I may just get lucky and manage to get one more dig in but that depends on time and opportunity .
Using the old faithful Q40 with Raptor coil , jewellery mode , sensitivity at 75 .

Once again I wanted to prove to myself that despite going over this area as thorough as I could last time round , there would still be things I missed and it would be interesting to see exactly what I may or may not find .
Once again I found plenty of small bits of lead , couple of ring pulls and two shotgun cartridges but even though they were rubbish items , it still proved that they were not picked up last time so there was hope amongst the trash .
First decent couple of finds were the buckles , I have had some nice decorative ones from here .These were plain but still welcomed and a bit of a confidence booster . I had the usual tarpaulin rings as well as some buttons , one with a nice design and another with an engraved flower so not so bad .
I seemed to manage to get plenty of iron today which were deep and the numbers ring high and sound good . Generally I know what I am going to find but I still dig them just in case .They always sound promising to begin with but the deeper you dig and then scan the sound becomes less favourable but I still remove it no matter , it is one less bit of iron to dig next time round . Some wise words from a club member who once remarked that by the time you have dithered over digging an iffy signal you may as well have used that time to actually dig it !
the scrap .jpg
Next signal was good and solid , mid 50s and again another hammered coin , this being the third from this area and although a bit rough around the edges I was once again extremely pleased to find another in what I thought was a well scanned area .
hammered coin on stone bust.jpg
hammered coin on stone reverse.jpg
Guesswork again , possibly an Edward ?
The next interesting find was the small lead object with a loop and cross design in the centre . No idea what this could be , perhaps some sort of pendant , I dont know , guessing again .
It has been a good season for me and I have enjoyed each and every visit but if I cannot get back in the next week or so then my season is over , but it has been an exciting journey all the same .
best of the finds .jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I walk , I dig , I find ....naff all !

Kritika

Re: A few finds this evening with hammered coin

Post by Kritika » Tue May 14, 2019 11:00 pm

Great finds well done, I envy you having a farm to nip out to after work ::g
XP Deus 11' x35, NCMD Member, full of hope and generous nature ::g

fred

Post by fred » Wed May 15, 2019 8:06 am

Well done. Any day with a hammy is a good day. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

Lowland

Post by Lowland » Wed May 15, 2019 1:57 pm

Cracking out in the sun kenleyboy...nice to get a silver too ::g
Shiny equinox600- taped up spade-dodgy elbow
.....................deeper bliss......................

Return to “Finds - Stories Forum”