Show Us Your Kit?

Metal Detecting accessories - topic here related to metal detecting accessories only.
MDF Auction - Accessories Videos
Jamesey1981

Re: Show Us Your Kit?

Post by Jamesey1981 » Sun May 19, 2019 1:59 pm

Sure I am, but I'm not carrying much, and its stuff that I would be carrying anyway as I need it, I just carry it in a way that's easy and comfortable, not sure why that's a problem.

Bors

Post by Bors » Sun May 19, 2019 2:10 pm

Jamesey1981 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:59 pm
Sure I am, but I'm not carrying much, and its stuff that I would be carrying as I need it, I just carry it in a way that easy and comfortable, not sure why that's a problem.
:)) No you misunderstand me . It`s not a problem to me at all. Its your choice ,& your carrying it.
I`m just saying sometimes people carry stuff that is often unnecessary and end up looking like A SWAT agent . I could see the point if you were travelling a mile or three away from your Car but often were only a 10 -15 minute distance from the Car where all your needs are, so why lug erm about.

Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 » Sun May 19, 2019 2:15 pm

I am usually a fair way from my car, but I also like to avoid unnecessary walking backwards and forwards even when I'm close by, I have metalwork in my feet so I get sore pretty quick, and I'd rather save the walking for when I'm actually swinging the detector as there's only so much I can do before I have to call it a day.

Having the stuff in pouches works well for me, I'm often wearing waterproofs that don't give the best access to pockets so it gives easy access to everything I need without annoying me like the small bag I used to use, that was forever swinging and getting in the way.

The only thing I could really leave at the car is the water and sandwiches anyway to be honest, everything else is needed for every bleep. :)

Bors

Post by Bors » Sun May 19, 2019 2:25 pm

As I said M8, it`s your choice what you carry and that`s fair enough. ::g

Quote tenpence,..." I can't stand being weighed down with excess equipment."

Tenpence gets my point ! ::g But we're all different and we all see things in a different light so we`ll all do our own thing I guess.

BlackBridgeBoy

Post by BlackBridgeBoy » Sun May 19, 2019 5:08 pm

Jamesey1981 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:38 pm
I use a Swedish army webbing harness. Cost me about 7.50 but they’re hard to find now, the bushcrafters like them so that they can sew the large pouches onto LK35 backpacks, this is how I discovered it actually, bought one for the pouches and discovered that I liked it so bought another one for detecting. Doesn't really look military any more as it's from the eighties, webbing technology has moved on so now it's more bushcrafty than military looking.

It’s a strong belt with shoulder straps, comes with the two large pouches and the water bottle pouch which can either take a Swedish army canteen or a wildo canteen bottle. The bottle pouch is insulated to stop the water freezing but it also keeps it cool in summer.

I have my sandwiches and snacks in one pouch and the other is for finds, small clip box in it for stuff I’m keeping and the rubbish goes straight in the pouch.

I have my pointer holster on the belt and the lanyard clipped to the shoulder straps so it doesn’t hit the ground if I drop it, and a pouch for my folding shovel when I’m using it, this swaps with my trowel pouch depending on where I’m going.

You can hang a load of weight on it and not feel it as it has the straps and it keeps the weight close to your body.

Here’s me modelling it, excuse the scruffy trackies, was out detecting on the beach earlier so just threw them on when I got out of the shower.

It does sit flatter than that when the it has some weight in it and the straps aren't twisted, lol.

Minimal for me.
Wearing that lot, I'd be expecting the Parachute to deploy at any moment!
A small finds bag on my trouser belt, with a pinpointer loop, does me.
I've been to Digs, watched the guys put all their gear on, and then watch them walk all the way back to the car when they get their first signal 'cause they've forgotten their spade or pinpointer.
I did mention to one good mate that I could still see him in the field, despite him wearing FULL Camo gear - he gave me a funny look.... lol
BBB.
Yorkshire Born & Bred

WeatherWitch

Post by WeatherWitch » Sun May 19, 2019 5:08 pm

I'm embarrassed to say, Yes, I do look like a special ops/swat team member when I go out rl;
My wife says my utility belt reminds her of Batman =)) =)) =))
CScope CS4PI
Equinox 800

Guppy

Post by Guppy » Sun May 19, 2019 5:30 pm

Lightweight and non restrictive, a 600ml running bottle also sits nicely in one of the pockets.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pete E

Post by Pete E » Sun May 19, 2019 9:23 pm

Seeing as I posted the original question a few weeks ago and the thread has surfaced again, I thought I'd post the set up I have settled on at the moment:

The finds pouch is a modified Jack Pyke Sporting Clays Cartridge bag, the sheath for the Evo hand digger is homemade with a bit of flattened PVC pipe as a liner and the holster for the pin pointer is a commercial one (kindly donated by Bors %&*= ) which I have again modified so it hangs a little lower and is therefore easier to get at...

The small pouch at the back contains spare batteries, a small finds box, a small spray container of water and a cut down toothrush along with small plastic bags, again for finds...

The belt and shoulder harness is a commercial copy of the American ALICE webbing set...

So far I am fairly pleased with the set-up, but will no doubt continue to fine tune it as I go along...
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

Return to “Accessories Forum”