Waterproof trouser

Please post all topics related to metal detecting Clothing, bags, footwear here please.
MDF Auction - Metal Detecting Clothing
Simonwwfc26

Waterproof trouser

Post by Simonwwfc26 »

Looking for some decent water proof trousers now the wet cold days are here , looking for breathable one that you won’t sweat in and find yourself soaking wet

In hoc signo Vinces

JBM

Re: Waterproof trouser

Post by JBM »

I have always used ex military ones.

The last ones were blue.(RAF and Navy ones.) off the internet.

They are also breathable with a elasticated waist and good quality..

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Pete E

Re: Waterproof trouser

Post by Pete E »

Simonwwfc26 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:30 am
Looking for some decent water proof trousers now the wet cold days are here , looking for breathable one that you won’t sweat in and find yourself soaking wet
I don’t think most civvie Goretex type breathables would hold up to the repeated washing and engrained dirt ie lots of abuse and remain both waterproof and breathable?

I use the Fortress waterproofs meant for builders and farmers...They have a degree of stretch supposedly breathable ( not as good as new goretex but some breathablity) and are reasonably priced. I use the bib and brace style as I had them for beach fishing and find them very practical...

Somebody on here mentioned using shooters chaps which are just leg coverings. I might try a pair for those dry winter days when it’s not too cold and you don’t need full on waterproofs....
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

Return to “Metal Detecting Clothing Bags Backpacks footwear”