Bag / Backpack for gear recommendation?

Please post all topics related to metal detecting Clothing, bags, footwear here please.
MDF Auction - Metal Detecting Clothing
stejens

Bag / Backpack for gear recommendation?

Post by stejens »

Hello all, I am trying to find a very efficient bag / backpack to transport my detector and bits around. I don't drive, I cycle, so am looking to find a good bag that I can just strap to my back to carry my Ace metal detector and roughneck mini shovel about to locations.

Any advice for one? B-)

Xp Deus & Nox 800
Garrett Carrot
Roughneck Micro Shovel / Evolution Dagger
Best finds: Lionheart Hammy - Medieval Seal Matrix - Gold/Silver Tudor Hat Pin.

Steve B-)

My YouTube Link:
https://www.youtube.com/user/stejens1 l;/

tigtog

Re: Bag / Backpack for gear recommendation?

Post by tigtog »

british army patrol sack, last for years.
xp deus

garrett pointer (2nd one) now a makro pointer no falsing
roughneck shovel (4th one) now use a sniper spade
jeff digger

clint

Post by clint »

Hello,
my Garrett bag broke within 5 minutes..zip gone,never used it!Can`t wear a backpack,as you bend over to dig etc. it tips onto your neck!I recon a chest or molle type waist bag would be the best but yet to look into getting one.At the mo I use a find pouch which you can fit a water bottle in and put the detector and spade over each shoulder.

regards

Clint
Etrac.13" Ultimate Coil.CP3 TT`s
8x6 sef
Euroace.
Deteknix Pointer,camo,oh yeah! ...does what it says on the box..
Garrett Propointer..ok...(now it's fixed!)
Jeff`s big tool!

Hindsight

Post by Hindsight »

I was looking for a decent bag for my Deus a little while back, I bought the XP camouflage rucksack and its rubbish. It offers little protection and just wants to stay flopped over.

I bought a Vango ruck sack from a camping shop a couple of years ago and it's everything the XP bag should be, I'm just annoyed that I forgot I had it before I purchased the XP one.

mudmanxpd

Post by mudmanxpd »

Hi there, I have just found this on a well known site and think I will order one my self -

It looks lke the DEUS and other detectors will fit in perfectly ::g

Its on fleabay, type in the search box at the top - Deus bag back pack

Hope this helps ::g

stejens

Post by stejens »

Tough choices! Was going to go for the Garrett bag as it seems simple and inexpensive but that Deus bag also looks pretty handy. Will have a look into those and decide, the army bags are good and strong but they are quite large, something simple and small yet strong is what I was hoping for which again seems like it comes from the bag you posted Mudmanxpd.

Cheers
Steve.
Xp Deus & Nox 800
Garrett Carrot

Steve B-)

My YouTube Link:

tigtog

Post by tigtog »

stejens wrote:Tough choices! Was going to go for the Garrett bag as it seems simple and inexpensive but that Deus bag also looks pretty handy. Will have a look into those and decide, the army bags are good and strong but they are quite large, something simple and small yet strong is what I was hoping for which again seems like it comes from the bag you posted Mudmanxpd.

Cheers
Steve.
patrol sacks are not to big
xp deus

garrett pointer (2nd one) now a makro pointer no falsing
roughneck shovel (4th one) now use a sniper spade
jeff digger

smooow

Post by smooow »

hi guys i cycle every were with my detector and mini shovel , and i have just ordered a leather case to fit my detector in and a top strap system to connect spade and other bits and bobs. im sick of bags braking i use a old army patrol sack atm and its just not big enough. my really good friend is a leather worker and has 30 years experience in the trade. so it should last a life time and i can get everything exactly hoe i like it. will post some pictures when its done and im sure he will make some more if people are interested.

DAVYBFAST

Post by DAVYBFAST »

mudmanxpd wrote:Hi there, I have just found this on a well known site and think I will order one my self -

It looks lke the DEUS and other detectors will fit in perfectly ::g

Its on fleabay, type in the search box at the top - Deus bag back pack

Hope this helps ::g
I got one of them good job a bit tight with deus big coil

£1.50 + 3.50 post of fle bay

auraaura

Post by auraaura »

stejens wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:21 am
Hello all, I am trying to find a very efficient charging backpack to transport my bits around. I don't drive, I cycle, so am looking to find a good bag that I can just strap to my back to carry my Ace metal detector and roughneck mini shovel about to locations.

Any advice for one? B-)
I used Garrett to pack all the necessities needed for the detector and everything needed for the day, whether in the woods or on the beach. It's big enough to carry what I need, but it won't exceed my tolerance. The only problems I encountered were the lack of upholstered belts and the residual oil smell. The smell is gone now, but I don't think its texture is particularly good.

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd »

An army one would last longest I’d guess ::g

lonecoiler

Post by lonecoiler »

This post is 6 years old. :;@
Garrett Ace 250 with NEL Tornado coil.

So many fields, so few permissions

Merneo

Post by Merneo »

Hi,

Anyone recommend a bag for a Nokta Macro Simplex +

more for storage / transportation

Thanks

Paul
Nokta Macro Simplex+
Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2

John Willetts - Made - Hand Digger
Roughneck Micro Shovel Round Point

Nokta Makro Pinpointer
NCMD Member

staters quo

Post by staters quo »

Strange how old posts like this get resurrected and everyone just carries on as if it never went away.

My main permission is split into two blocks a mile apart which means I have to walk in to the eastern section from a pub car park. I use a rucksack to carry my Deus (with the large coil) and it's this one:

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15895306/b ... k-15895306

The Deus fits fine although the search coil stem protrudes out of the top by about 5 inches, not that it makes any difference.

I've been using it for a year now, and also use it to stow a jacket and a sandwich - even when I can park next to the search field, so it's had a lot of use. It's holding up very well indeed and shows no signs of wear. At 37 notes it's not the cheapest but the quality is really good. I like that it's a simple design and doesn't have lots of straps and buckles and strings all flapping about. Just two main zips.

I found it by going into my local Go Outdoors armed with a tape measure, they have scores of options and it makes a big difference being able to see it first hand.

Not sure how this would work with a non-collapsible setup however.

Merneo

Post by Merneo »

Hi, good answer

reminded me of decathlon they do lots good bags etc

Might be worth a look

Thanks

Paul
Nokta Macro Simplex+
Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2

John Willetts - Made - Hand Digger
Roughneck Micro Shovel Round Point

Nokta Makro Pinpointer
NCMD Member

Pete01

Post by Pete01 »

Merneo wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:06 am
Hi,

Anyone recommend a bag for a Nokta Macro Simplex +

more for storage / transportation

Thanks

Paul
I recently got my Nokta simplex and it just about fits in to the OEX 60L cargo bag from go outdoors! (link below!). It's a bit fiddly to get in but it's probably the smallest bag you could use so doesn't look too bulky when carrying it around!. The bag has carry straps plus shoulder straps and the detector goes in fully assembled when collapsed to it's shorted length. I put the detector in with the control box facing up towards the opening and then turn the detector 90 degress so the control box is parallel with the bottom of the bag so it doesn't stick out upwards which would dig in to your back when using the bag as a back pack.

I moved the arm cup one notch towards the control box just so that it would be easier to get in the bag- the shaft is obviously still the same length when you do that but becasue the arm cup is further forward it just makes it fit a little easier!. Once the detector is in the bag theres ample room around it to fit a load of other stuff and I can get headphones, finds bag, a couple of drinks bottles, plus some waterproof trousers and a waterproof jacket in there with room to spare!. Theres also an inside mesh pocket in the opening flap for other bits and pieces where I keep my pinpointer, and other items. On the side of the bag at one end (which is the lower end of the bag when used as a back pack) there is a wet pocket with a zip- it has a meshed part that allows wet items to air/ drip out through the mesh so is a handy place to put your wet gloves etc!.

The bag also has some straps on either side which can be used to cinch tight the bag- make it a little smaller so it appears a little more compact- these straps are perfect for holding a small shovel such as the Draper mini shovel!- I wrap the shovel in a bin bag and strap it to the side.

What I like about this bag is that it just looks like a sports type bag so doesn't draw attention to you carrying anything out of the ordinary- I used to hate carrying my other longer metal detecting bag anywhere becasue you'd always get some funny looks from some people assuming you're carrying a rifle! lol! (yes I had been asked that in the past!) - and in this day and age thats not something you want people to be thinking if travelling on public transport etc!.

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15908436/o ... g-15908436

stejens

Post by stejens »

lonecoiler wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:27 am
This post is 6 years old. :;@
Blimey 6 years, and a response to when I used to be a cyclist looking for a bag! Fortunately in that time I have taken lessons, passed my driving test, and been on the road for a good 4 years! Haha.

Thanks for the bag recommendation above though anyhow 👍😁
Xp Deus & Nox 800
Garrett Carrot

Steve B-)

My YouTube Link:

Return to “Metal Detecting Clothing Bags Backpacks footwear”