Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro

Only topics related to Bounty Hunter metal detectors here, Please remember Off topic posts will be removed.
littlehove

Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro

Post by littlehove » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:58 pm

I've whittled my first choice machine down to either the LRP or a Garrett Ace 300i. I've asked for opinions on the Garrett forum and I know we're not directly allowed to compare machines like for like but can any of you that own the LRP please let me know your opinions as to how it might suit my purposes?

I intend to do my metal detecting mainly on farmland with occasional sorties to a beach and also possibly the odd stream.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who might be able to help me make up my mind. Thanks. :)

Bors

Re: Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro

Post by Bors » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:26 pm

I`ve just checked the spec on both and from what I`ve read, the Bounty hunter has the nod. The Garrett has a Fixed Automatic ground balancing, whereas the Bounty hunter has the typical Fisher / Teknetics "Fast grab" type Ground balancing method. Its an individual preference as to which is best out of those two differences but my preference would be for the fast grabs superior GB.
The depth of the BHP from what info I got, was a bit deeper than the Garrett.
The BHP has an 11" DD coil as opposed to a 7"x 10" concentric coil on the Garrett, my preference again would be on the 11" DD .
The BHP`s detecting Frequency is just coming up to 8kHz and the Garrett `s the same, so no difference there.
Pound for pound I would myself choose the Bounty Hunter Pro.

littlehove

Re: Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro

Post by littlehove » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:27 pm

You're a gentleman Bors. Thank you for the very informative reply.

Return to “Bounty Hunter Forum”