Blisstool Metal Detectors

Only topics related to Blisstool metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Mick

Blisstool Metal Detectors

Post by Mick » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi All

Been out the "swinging" game for a while now, but I'm starting to get the bug again. I'm interested to hear thoughts from detectorists who've had experience with the Blisstool machines. They seem quite good, especially the V3. I was going to buy the deus with the headphones with a view of purchasing control box at a later date, but I feel like I owe it to myself & my wallet, to explore the Blisstool option a bit more first.
So any firsthand opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Mick

Blackadder43

Re: Blisstool Metal Detectors

Post by Blackadder43 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:02 pm

Bump as i know we have a couple of bliss users on the forums... ::g
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

Sheddy

Post by Sheddy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:51 pm

The Blisstool does what it says on the tin, it's very deep and sensitive too. There are only two problems with it:

1) it does take some learning to use, especially with the discrimination. The ferrous/non-ferrous tones are close together. If you're used to using analogue machines then it'll make the learning curve a lot easier. Ground balancing is best done with a piece of ferrite placed on the ground.

2) the instructions are written in some strange version of Bulgarish (a mix of Bulgarian and English) Again, experience with analogue machines helps.

They are well put together, well balanced, not heavy but you have to like digging deep. Mines up for sale on the auction part of this site at the moment, the only reason I'm getting rid is due to getting a Minelab GPX, but they are a lot more money. I can't think of any machine that comes close to the depth of the Blisstool that I have used but they need to be learned, they certainly are not a switch on and go machine.

Tony Hunt

Post by Tony Hunt » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:17 pm

I agree with all of what sheddy says. The Blisstool can be awesome in the right hands. Like sheddy I recently bought a GPX5000. The Blisstool is probably the next nearest machine to a GPX for its depth capabilities. I have seen what it can do in the field, I was there when some of the videos on you tube were shot and they definitely weren't rigged for the camera.
I bought the GPX partly as an investment because it was a good price with several coils and other extras, wether I shall learn how to use it is another thing. I have been tossing over wether to sell my Bliss because I have the CTX & an Explorer 2 which are both a lot easier to use but havent got the Bliss's depth capabilities even though they are better than most out there in my opinion. I can cope with the machines features and foibles,I hated the Bulgarish Instruction book from day one, it was totally useless. The Bliss is not that difficult to use, probably the ground balancing is the bit that most people struggle with, like sheddy says easiest way is to use ferrite. Ive talked myself into probably keeping mine now because I still have days when I need to use it.

antonio

Post by antonio » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:34 pm

How bliss work with very little coins? such as 10mm diameter?
Sorry for my not so perfect english,i will be very grateful if you let me know my mistakes,so i cannot make again

Mick

Post by Mick » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:44 am

Yes I think it was those videos that drew me in & got me asking. I watched an American video on youtube, depth testing a number of machines including the Blisstool, & the latter won hands down. Seemed so much more penetrative, with a crystal clear sound at 12 odd inches down I think.

Tony Hunt

Post by Tony Hunt » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:38 am

When you actually watch a buried groat ( and I helped bury it) being hit at 20" with a huge noise and your own CTX and a deus couldn't see jack it certainly draws your attention. I also witnessed on the same day a gold stater that I own being hit at 14" with no trouble at all and the other two machines once again silent, thats why I still own the Bliss.
The Blisstool would have been a huge success from day one If the manufacturer in Bulgaria had got his act together and got a supply of new machines ready for people to buy there and then and also hadn't insisted on people paying up front for them. This was his downfall and why they are not more popular today. I myself had to wait 3-4 months I think having paid in advance. Many people cancelled their orders and demanded their money back when the wait got too long. Orders at one stage were pouring in from the US and here but no supplies were forthcoming. It was a brilliant machine even If it does look like something out of the arc with all its knobs and dials, Supply and demand problems were its downfall and still are by all accounts, big big shame allround.

I actually owned sheddys Bliss for a short while before selling it to him. I bought it from somebody who couldn't handle it after a couple of weeks of owning it while I waited for my own ordered one to arrive. Somebody will get a good buy off this forums Auction site If they hang in there.

targets

Post by targets » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 am

makes you wonder why the other makers cant make a machine as deep as the Bliss, it all comes down to the matched coil with the unit IMO .its setup from the start to be deep.
no doubt its the deepest machine on the market
' hammys how i love ya, how i love ya my dear old hammys '

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:48 pm

Have to admit,i am seriously interested in possibly getting a Bliss to add to my arsenal for deep work on a few pasture sites.I tend to like challenges and this may be my next challenge one thing i would do is sling the horrrible 'S' shaft away and it will fit directly onto a spare new straight shaft that i have as i feel that will make the detector better balanced and easier to swing.

jimbotrucker

Post by jimbotrucker » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:20 am

I had the v2i and it was a very deep detector and very well built. I did find all the knobs on it very confusing but for me the main drawback was if I went on a dig with lots of coke in the ground I couldn't discriminate it out and my hearing isn't good enough to tell the difference in coke and a good target.
Minelab equinox 600
Quest pro
Two mad dogs
Not enough time in fields :-( too far from the beach :-(
Not enough Land :-(

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:08 am

I can see a use for this detector as not a everyday use machine but to use when you suspect a hoard that type of thing as you would a Pulse machine,as the prices of these having been dropping the purchase of one is becoming more appealing.

Could this machine become a early christmas present,gut feeling tells me yes it will.

Return to “Blisstool Forum”