BLisstool improved machine stats

Only topics related to Blisstool metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
targets

BLisstool improved machine stats

Post by targets » Wed May 14, 2014 11:09 am

Thomas Dankowski - worth a Google search to see tons of top class information.

' hammys how i love ya, how i love ya my dear old hammys '

targets

Re: BLisstool improved machine stats

Post by targets » Wed May 14, 2014 11:10 am

THE BEAST in them is more powerful and more stable.

With this, metal detector BLISSTOOL LTC64X is already available in six versions:
- version 1 (LTC64X v1, LTC64X version 1);
- version 2 (LTC64X v2, LTC64X version 2);
- version 2i (LTC64X v2i, LTC64X version 2i);
- version 3 (LTC64X v3, LTC64X version 3);
- version 4 (LTC64X v4, LTC64X version 4);
- version 5 (LTC64X version 5, LTC64X v5).
' hammys how i love ya, how i love ya my dear old hammys '

waybri

Post by waybri » Wed May 14, 2014 3:48 pm

can a v3 be upgraded to v5 ???

is it a pcb design change or just components??

regards
wayne

ray835

Post by ray835 » Fri May 16, 2014 6:54 pm

you have to buy a new machine.....Bulgarian technology don't you know =))
xp deus v3.2 ws5 phones..(one mans rubbish is another mans treasure)
optimism is finding a horse shoe then looking for the horse..

jarek

Post by jarek » Fri May 16, 2014 10:40 pm

Bulgarian technology? Prefer that than bits made in china and stick all together in usa;)

paragon

Post by paragon » Tue May 20, 2014 9:19 pm

ray835 wrote:you have to buy a new machine.....Bulgarian technology don't you know =))
Hmmm, are you implying a Minelab, et al metal detectors can be upgraded to current models?

StiV

Post by StiV » Sun May 25, 2014 3:13 pm

ray835 wrote:you have to buy a new machine.....Bulgarian technology don't you know =))
In fact Blisstool is an old Fisher, of which many resistors were replaced with potentiometers, and has increased sensitivity.

muddy fingers

Post by muddy fingers » Sun May 25, 2014 9:30 pm

StiV wrote "In fact Blisstool is an old Fisher, of which many resistors were replaced with potentiometers, and has increased sensitivity.

I've read this before, that the Blisstool is the same inside as an old Fisher 1266. Can you tell me how you know this?

Fusion

Post by Fusion » Mon May 26, 2014 4:31 pm

I don't know about Stiv's sources, but the Geotech1 forum has had some Blisstool dissection threads. I can't recall the details, but I think they reckoned the LTC48 was a modified version of a common hobbyist circuit in Eastern Europe, which is based on a 80's Fisher (12xx series?). The LTC64 seemed similar inside to the '48, so the implication was that the '64 has it's ancestry in a Fisher.
However there's quite a lot of difference between them, I'm sure. Plus, the Fisher machines are not a bad choice to base a detector on. The critics of the Blisstool seem to think that the 12xx series machines were at the limit of their development, and as a result the Blisstool comes with 'side-effects' from over-doing things.

muddy fingers

Post by muddy fingers » Mon May 26, 2014 10:49 pm

Thank you for your reply to my query Fusion. I have read those threads that you refer to on the Geotec forum. Generally, on different forums, some of the past criticisms of the Blisstool seem to have been made by people who were very prejudiced in their opinions, for whatever reason and it is difficult to get an unbiased, honest appraisal of this machine from such people. Different soils present different problems so again, people's experiences using the machine can differ greatly. Two new models are coming out this week though externally, they look identical to previous models such as the V3 which the manufacturer asserts cannot be upgraded. It will be interesting to hear how their performance compares to previous models. I have the V3 and on relatively uncontaminated sites the machine is a joy to use and has found me some lovely coins etc at fair old depths. Other sites require more patience and concentration but it will still find very tiny hammered farthings etc. so I have no regrets about purchasing one as part of my arsenal of detectors.

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:40 pm

muddy fingers wrote:Thank you for your reply to my query Fusion. I have read those threads that you refer to on the Geotec forum. Generally, on different forums, some of the past criticisms of the Blisstool seem to have been made by people who were very prejudiced in their opinions, for whatever reason and it is difficult to get an unbiased, honest appraisal of this machine from such people. Different soils present different problems so again, people's experiences using the machine can differ greatly. Two new models are coming out this week though externally, they look identical to previous models such as the V3 which the manufacturer asserts cannot be upgraded. It will be interesting to hear how their performance compares to previous models. I have the V3 and on relatively uncontaminated sites the machine is a joy to use and has found me some lovely coins etc at fair old depths. Other sites require more patience and concentration but it will still find very tiny hammered farthings etc. so I have no regrets about purchasing one as part of my arsenal of detectors.
I would like to give you an accurate information about what Blisstool is.
Blisstool is a copy of another Bulgarian metal detector called Enigma. Enigma was designed by a very talented electronics engineer who's name is Krasimir. There is nothing in common with Fisher 1266 or any other western brand.

Let me be as clear as I possibly can.
There is no such thing as improvements on any Blisstool. The owner of this brand is only installing new buttons, control knobs and toggle switches on anything that can be adjusted some how over a pcb design that remained the same over the years apart from adding more multi turn potentiometers on it for even more adjustments of a schematic as basic as a pin pointer.

Needless to mention that Blisstool is manufactured with the cheapest possible components available on electronic shops in Bulgaria and I can assure you, in Bulgaria you can find some damn cheap stuff.

Also the claims for ever more depth are false as they defy the laws of physics. One can do only so much with any given search coil size. It is a limitation of the induction balance technology that predefines the limits of the detection.

All in all Blisstool is not a bad detector, only the claims are unsubstantiated and greatly exaggerated. Detection wise is the same as most other detectors, which in the first place are not ridiculously over amplified as Blisstool.

ray835

Post by ray835 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:47 pm

gotta be better now the V5 that has THE BEAST stickers in it surely =)) =))
xp deus v3.2 ws5 phones..(one mans rubbish is another mans treasure)
optimism is finding a horse shoe then looking for the horse..

redwulf500

Post by redwulf500 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:18 pm

ray835 wrote:gotta be better now the V5 that has THE BEAST stickers in it surely =)) =))
hi how nuch are the stickers... :)]

stu23

Post by stu23 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:54 pm

Well you can say what you like, I had a V3 and now I have a V5. Personally its each to their own and I am more than happy with it, believe me I have had a fair few machines over the years and the V5 is one of the best I have ever had. Thats without being an advert for a rival company,

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:53 pm

I concur stu23, I use a V5 and it is everything it's made out to be! It's amazing how negative people can be especially the ones who haven't even used a Blisstool
Regards
Foggy

jimbotrucker

Post by jimbotrucker » Sun May 03, 2015 6:32 pm

I had the v2i a few years back and although it was complicated to use I still regard it as an incredible detector. I have had quite a few Detectors since including the aka sorrex all have their good points like the xp with its wireless phones the sorrex light and fast the tecnetiks large display and brilliant discrimination. But the Blisstool can find incredibly small items at good depth and it handle's wet sand as a bonus ::g
Minelab equinox 600
Quest pro
Two mad dogs
Not enough time in fields :-( too far from the beach :-(
Not enough Land :-(

Return to “Blisstool Forum”