Blisstool Users?

Only topics related to Blisstool metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Foggy

Blisstool Users?

Post by Foggy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:34 pm

Hi Guys
Are there many Blisstool users on this forum? I thought I would start this post to find out who you are and how your experience is going? I bought a V5 at Christmas and since then I was posting a lot of my posts on the Blisstool Forum as I thought that would be the place to share the experience, I still posted my finds on this Forum but my posts were less frequent.
Well I've now been banned from the Blisstool Forum for having my own mind and a sense of humour :)) so unfortunately I'll be posting a lot more often here. How many users are out there? I know a few of you already but drop me a reply and let me know how it's going for you and maybe share settings, tips and tricks.
I'm feeling terribly left out and lonely sw;
Regards
Foggy

allmetal

Re: Blisstool Users?

Post by allmetal » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:14 pm

Really enjoyed your posts on the Blisstool Forum I'm sorry to hear that you have got banned.

I bought the V6 not had a lot of free time to use it that much so far it seems to go very deep on larger targets.

Blackadder43
Admin

Post by Blackadder43 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:22 pm

Dont feel sad Foggy, i too was banned from there for expressing my opinion
All i said was the Blisstool is not a machine for a novice.....!
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:30 pm

Hello Allmetal
Great to hear you bought a V6, would love to hear how it goes for you, it would also be nice to see how it compares with the V5.
I couldn't get out today because of the weather, I've just moved fields, got some decent finds yesterday including my first bag seal and a nice George IV sixpence and I only covered a small amount of ground so I'm quite hopeful for it.
Stay in touch Allmetal, I'll be posting in this topic to try and build up a bit of all round Blisstool knowledge, reports on the V6 would certainly be of interest.
Regards
Foggy

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:37 pm

Hey Blackadder
Just a bit bemused with it all, thought I was getting involved in a good way and also sorted out a wireless headphone problem which had been going on for two years! I don't really mind, I've been a member here for a few years and never had any problems, so there loss. Just means you guys will be getting all my pictures and questions like, what's this? Or constant pestering of Allectus as to what coin I've found :D
Thanks for the reply
Regards
Foggy

allmetal

Post by allmetal » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:03 pm

Will do Foggy need to get some hrs in on the V6 This Forum could really do with a section dedicated to Blisstool detectors.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:08 pm

I concur ::g
Regards
Foggy

cardboardcutout

Post by cardboardcutout » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:16 am

hi foggy, i never knew you were banned what did you say ?

Malinois

Post by Malinois » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:14 am

Hi Foggy, obviously you know I am here and like your fix re the wireless headphones. I have a V3 with 11 and 15 inch coils. Not really used it and now bought a GM4WD which will work at 8KHZ and seems a bit easier to setup.

I am off out today on a new permission, just 2 acres but in the middle of a medieval village and opposite the medieval church :)

Will keep you posted.

Ian

targets

Post by targets » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:59 am

some forum owners have no sense of humour and are a nuisance so its easy to get banned for speaking your mind . Mr Rix is ok and amenable bloke
' hammys how i love ya, how i love ya my dear old hammys '

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:37 am

Thanks guys
Have a good day Malinois and thanks for the comments.

Thanks Targets, I have been a member here for a few years without any problem, I will not be losing any sleep (:|

Regards
Foggy

muddy fingers

Post by muddy fingers » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:59 am

Hi Foggy, I was shocked and bewildered to read on here that you have been banned from the other forum. I thought it strange that you didn't post about your lovely George IV shilling on there. I thought all your posts were brilliant so that forum will be the poorer without them. I'll certainly keep a watch on here so don't worry that you've got no-one to discuss the Bliss with or take an interest in your experiences. As you know I've got the V3, but a lot of it still applies to the V5/6 I should think. Will send you a pm.

cardboardcutout

Post by cardboardcutout » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:16 pm

Blackadder43 wrote:Dont feel sad Foggy, i too was banned from there for expressing my opinion
with a copy of some settings it is really suitable for beginners , i have not used a detector in 30 years i just used foggys settings and found some worthless stuff and gained a sore back for free , i think i need a longer spade ;))
maybe if members post the settings they use it would help everyone .

Blackadder43
Admin

Post by Blackadder43 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:19 pm

cardboardcutout wrote:
Blackadder43 wrote:Dont feel sad Foggy, i too was banned from there for expressing my opinion
with a copy of some settings it is really suitable for beginners , i have not used a detector in 30 years i just used foggys settings and found some worthless stuff and gained a sore back for free , i think i need a longer spade ;))
maybe if members post the settings they use it would help everyone .
Whilst i agree, i was pointing out that the Blisstool is a very comprehensive machine, and in the right hands would be a killer machine.
But in the hands of someone new to the hobby it would likely cause more frustration than finds and as is often the case with detecting could easily put novices off the hobby
My comments on that forum were far from detrimental and i indeed supported the Blisstool as an excellent machine. In the right hands!
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

cardboardcutout

Post by cardboardcutout » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:31 pm

yep I do understand what you are saying as without someone telling me the settings I would be totally lost ,its just a pity it never had a few pre-sets built in to get beginners going as people without the internet would find the blisstool useless .

muddy fingers

Post by muddy fingers » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:09 pm

By all accounts the two newer versions of the Blisstool, V5/V6 (I don't have either) are easier to set up and use than the V3 which is the one I have. The V3 is fine to use on a relatively clean pasture site where depth is the operator's priority but on an iron contaminated site it can prove quite tricky for a new user to get the settings right. The manufacturer would have been wise to mark the various dials with presets so that a workable starting point was more easily achieved in my opinion. As it is, new users have to get as much advice as they can from other people who have already "sussed" out what's best to do in any given situation. The manual is very difficult to understand and has in parts been poorly translated, which doesn't help matters.
It's a shame really, because the Blisstool has the potential to be a classic machine, but the manufacturer has seemingly made ever increasing depth capabilities his overriding priority when upgrading.

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:14 pm

I had the V3 but now have the V5 & although I have only had chance to use it for about 4 or 5 hours the V5 is a lot easier to set up & in my opinion the discrimination is a lot better as well.

The V3 bombarded my old ears quite a lot often giving me fatigue after a few hours use. The V5 is a lot quieter now it has the stabilisation circuits fitted & again in my opinion made a good machine (V3) even better (V5).

Shame you got banned FOGGY as I enjoyed your posts on the Blisstool forum a lot.

Return to “Blisstool Forum”