Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Equinox series of metal detector within this forum.
slimpickens
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:18 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by slimpickens » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:43 am

Just purchased an Equinox 800 and came across a Very interesting Equinox Video for coins on edge!
I'd like to share this with Our Forum, if permissible? After viewing this I decided to check this out further with my new machine using the same parameters as shown.

I came away with the same results & findings. Am I missing something other than somebody to explain to me what is happening in Park 1 and Field 1 multi-frequency mode to prevent it from hitting the target?

Hope this helps? Perhaps this has already been discussed. Thank you very much! :-/ SP




User avatar
broadsmaster
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:19 pm
Location: East Norfolk
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by broadsmaster » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:11 am

in my opinion as he is running park 1 this will have a default setting on the iron bias of 6 which is much to high , i run with the iron bias at 2 which has no problem picking up coins on there sides again in my opinion " user error "

as an addto some of the other programs have an iron bias default setting of 0 which again in my opinion is too low
minelab equinox 800
Xp orx with 9" x35 coil

User avatar
mrix
Founder
Posts: 10205
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:59 am
Location: UK South Coast
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 651 times
Contact:

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by mrix » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:59 am

broadsmaster wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:11 am
in my opinion as he is running park 1 this will have a default setting on the iron bias of 6 which is much to high , i run with the iron bias at 2 which has no problem picking up coins on there sides again in my opinion " user error "
as an addto some of the other programs have an iron bias default setting of 0 which again in my opinion is too low
Seems a little unfair to state its user error :-/ Park 1 is a default mode specifically for coins and this video clearly shows it picks the coin up in a flat position but struggles on its side, if anything surely the mode needs updating ?

I actually noticed this video around a week ago, would be interesting if any members here get similar results.
mrix

User avatar
fred
Posts: 10615
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 2478 times
Been thanked: 6297 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by fred » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:36 am

mrix wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:59 am
broadsmaster wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:11 am
in my opinion as he is running park 1 this will have a default setting on the iron bias of 6 which is much to high , i run with the iron bias at 2 which has no problem picking up coins on there sides again in my opinion " user error "
as an addto some of the other programs have an iron bias default setting of 0 which again in my opinion is too low
Seems a little unfair to state its user error :-/ Park 1 is a default mode specifically for coins and this video clearly shows it picks the coin up in a flat position but struggles on its side, if anything surely the mode needs updating ?

I actually noticed this video around a week ago, would be interesting if any members here get similar results.
mrix
In my opinion the basic Park 1 and Field 1 modes are not very good programmes for UK conditions or targets. If you modify them a bit for UK conditions you will have no problem detecting coins on edge although they might give a double blip. For me that is how you identify a target that is on edge and needs a bit of extra care with the pinpointing. ::g

Any detector will tend do strange things if it isn't customised to the conditions that you are detecting in or if the user isn't experienced with it. That is why you should also be very wary about comparisons between machines along the lines of 'this is the machine that I've been using every day for 15 years and this is the one that arrived yesterday and isn't any good'. :D
Equinox 800 x2

Junior
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:53 pm
Has thanked: 329 times
Been thanked: 362 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by Junior » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:22 am

O.... don't like big silver on the side in the air..... 3030 does though ::g who knows! Wait for Fred has a few more months under his belt...Freds program eagerly awaited...

Mud Max
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:53 pm
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 259 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by Mud Max » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:30 am

Suggesting that it's the wrong programme or user error is a bit rich, considering the setting is called "coins", and that's a thick high conductor right under the coil.
Xp Deus 11" coil
GM5+SE


Jedi Master button finder

User avatar
mrix
Founder
Posts: 10205
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:59 am
Location: UK South Coast
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 651 times
Contact:

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by mrix » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:05 am

fred wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:36 am

In my opinion the basic Park 1 and Field 1 modes are not very good programmes for UK conditions or targets. If you modify them a bit for UK conditions you will have no problem detecting coins on edge although they might give a double blip. For me that is how you identify a target that is on edge and needs a bit of extra care with the pinpointing. ::g

Hi Fred, interesting you say both those default modes are not very good for UK Soil conditions :-O
Obviously Many New UK users to the Nox will think these are the default modes to mainly use.

I can fully understand what you explain about different soil conditions around the world which I totally agree with but this guy is using a fairly large silver coin close to the coil in an air test, makes you wonder what smaller silver coins you possibly could be missing that are in-ground and situated on the side, especially if you stick completely with these default mode values.

Thanks
mrix

User avatar
iDetect
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:02 am
Location: Wigan
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by iDetect » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:36 am

Im still waiting for my Nox 800 from JA so cant talk about that machine specifically, however i have owned a Daus and a CTX3030.. What i can state without doubt is that neither were 'great' straight out of the box. I had to either develop by own settings or preferably take the shortcut of using settings tried, tested and shared by others on here and tweak them to my own findings.
Mark in Wigan
"All the gear and no idea"

Equinox 800 - SuperblueS Headset
PI XPointer - Evolution Blade - Evolution Sand Scoop
NCMD Member

User avatar
the-roman
Posts: 837
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Somerset
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by the-roman » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:37 am

Not to mention small Roman bronze coins :-L
Only the best, XP Goldmaxx power .... F.I.D member ::g
And a proud member of the best club in Somerset, Wessex Searchers MDC ::g
www.wessexsearchers.club

Tomo
Posts: 6764
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:02 am
Has thanked: 311 times
Been thanked: 259 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by Tomo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:01 pm

I was sent this video the other night so we both tried it in field one. I picked the thinnest hammered I had with no detail on and it banged out even at height.
Xp deus

Junior
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:53 pm
Has thanked: 329 times
Been thanked: 362 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by Junior » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:08 pm

Tomo wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:01 pm
I was sent this video the other night so we both tried it in field one. I picked the thinnest hammered I had with no detail on and it banged out even at height.
What video ?? :-/

Tomo
Posts: 6764
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:02 am
Has thanked: 311 times
Been thanked: 259 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by Tomo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:25 pm

Junior wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:08 pm
Tomo wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:01 pm
I was sent this video the other night so we both tried it in field one. I picked the thinnest hammered I had with no detail on and it banged out even at height.
What video ?? :-/
The link in the first post
Xp deus

User avatar
broadsmaster
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:19 pm
Location: East Norfolk
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by broadsmaster » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:33 pm

Mud Max wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:30 am
Suggesting that it's the wrong programme or user error is a bit rich, considering the setting is called "coins", and that's a thick high conductor right under the coil.
there is not a setting on the equinox called "coins" ?

the detect modes on the equinox field 1 , field 2 etc have search proiles and these are frequency weighted i stick by my original post of user error as the operator was using the wrong settings for the task.
as i said that is my opinion and that is the opinion of an actual equinox user !!! , also too many you -videos of people having a detector for 5 mins and showing their expert settings/programmes
minelab equinox 800
Xp orx with 9" x35 coil

Mud Max
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:53 pm
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 259 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by Mud Max » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:07 pm

broadsmaster wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:33 pm
Mud Max wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:30 am
Suggesting that it's the wrong programme or user error is a bit rich, considering the setting is called "coins", and that's a thick high conductor right under the coil.
there is not a setting on the equinox called "coins" ?

the detect modes on the equinox field 1 , field 2 etc have search proiles and these are frequency weighted i stick by my original post of user error as the operator was using the wrong settings for the task.
as i said that is my opinion and that is the opinion of an actual equinox user !!! , also too many you -videos of people having a detector for 5 mins and showing their expert settings/programmes

You make fair points, and sorry for using the wrong term. I still think it's a worry though, that's a very thick coin and the coil was very close. It makes you wonder what that machine may be missing when it's set up as required to hit that big coin on edge.
Xp Deus 11" coil
GM5+SE


Jedi Master button finder

User avatar
mrix
Founder
Posts: 10205
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:59 am
Location: UK South Coast
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 651 times
Contact:

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by mrix » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:26 pm

broadsmaster wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:33 pm

there is not a setting on the equinox called "coins" ?

The setting he appears to be using is Park 1 which is meant for General / Coins..
In the manual Park 1 is meant to be optimised for modern coins and larger
jewellery so there should not be a problem, here is another guy who experienced similar

If you look at the comments some appear to have the problem and others do not. interesting Tomo never had a problem on a very small thin silver coin.

mrix

Dom
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:28 am
Location: Thanet, Kent, UK
Has thanked: 424 times
Been thanked: 216 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by Dom » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:49 pm

Is it default 6 iron bias on the 800 in park 1?
On the 600 it's 2 which is 4 on the 800, I would still consider that a tad too much.
I agree that the default settings are less than ideal for switch on and go in the UK.

There's seems to be conflicting experiences with this problem, some are affected some not, I wonder whether it could be a coil issue?
I'm going to try mine out tomorrow.
Equinox 600, GM5+ and a broken Deus Lite :(

User avatar
broadsmaster
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:19 pm
Location: East Norfolk
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by broadsmaster » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:06 pm

Just done a test in the garden using a victorian gothic florin the nearest i could find to a us half silver dollar its the same weight but 2.6 mm smaller in diameter using factory settings park 2 and field 2 both nailed it park 1 and field 1 struggled .interesting because park 1 and field 1 are weighted towards the lower frequencies available wheras field 2 and park and field 2 are weighted towards the higher frequecies ..
so the results not what you would expect , which would be low frequencies for high conductors possibly the consequence of the multi frequency at work.

Although park 1 and field 1 struggled it did give me enough of a signal to investigate from another angle which gave a definite digger signal another thing i noticed with park1 and field one was with the choppy signal one way it would give a good two signal using the edge of the coil..
minelab equinox 800
Xp orx with 9" x35 coil

User avatar
fred
Posts: 10615
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 2478 times
Been thanked: 6297 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by fred » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:44 pm

Mud Max wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:07 pm
broadsmaster wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:33 pm
Mud Max wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:30 am
Suggesting that it's the wrong programme or user error is a bit rich, considering the setting is called "coins", and that's a thick high conductor right under the coil.
there is not a setting on the equinox called "coins" ?

the detect modes on the equinox field 1 , field 2 etc have search proiles and these are frequency weighted i stick by my original post of user error as the operator was using the wrong settings for the task.
as i said that is my opinion and that is the opinion of an actual equinox user !!! , also too many you -videos of people having a detector for 5 mins and showing their expert settings/programmes

You make fair points, and sorry for using the wrong term. I still think it's a worry though, that's a very thick coin and the coil was very close. It makes you wonder what that machine may be missing when it's set up as required to hit that big coin on edge.
When set up properly in my opinion it is missing very little. What it does do very well is find stuff that I have missed with my CTX and my mate has missed with his other make top end machine. :D

As I have said before a consensus is starting to emerge about the optimum settings for British conditions. However, that in itself is not enough because Minelabs are not primarily switch on and go machines, to get the best out of them you really need to understand how to use them and what they are telling you. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

User avatar
broadsmaster
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:19 pm
Location: East Norfolk
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by broadsmaster » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:15 pm

This is a statement made by minelab "Multi-IQ copes with saltwater and beach conditions almost as well as BBS/FBS, however BBS/FBS still have an advantage for finding high conductive silver coins in all conditions."

where the equinox excels for us in the uk is finding low conductors ,hammies etc i think fred will agree to that ::g
minelab equinox 800
Xp orx with 9" x35 coil

User avatar
fred
Posts: 10615
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 2478 times
Been thanked: 6297 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by fred » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:50 pm

broadsmaster wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:15 pm
This is a statement made by minelab "Multi-IQ copes with saltwater and beach conditions almost as well as BBS/FBS, however BBS/FBS still have an advantage for finding high conductive silver coins in all conditions."

where the equinox excels for us in the uk is finding low conductors ,hammies etc i think fred will agree to that ::g

It's certainly not bad at finding them, usually with a signal of around 13 for cut halves! :D Low conductors also includes gold so you ignore signals around 4 at your peril! Remember that signals as low as 0 can still be small bits of non ferrous and -- means that the machine can't determine what the signal is so it's down to you. ::g

In my opinion Field 1 has the Response Speed far too high, which kills depth, and it has Iron Bias set at 0, which will result in too much iron being dug. I have both of them set on 3, which seems about right to me, but I am now starting to experiment with 2 to see what difference it makes.
Equinox 800 x2

User avatar
Bradrick
Posts: 2515
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:07 pm
Has thanked: 2547 times
Been thanked: 1253 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by Bradrick » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:00 pm

I received mine on Wednesday, but haven't had a chance to use it as I am supposed to be convalescing. Having heard the reported problems with the stem wobble, I was pleased that mine is as solid as a rock and the build is decent. Needless to say, hearing this caused concern after waiting six weeks for a machine with so many positive reviews so I tried a few air tests (all I can manage at the moment).

I had already saved one of Gordon Heritage's setups into the user defined as a starting point with the exception of iron bias at 4 (no sense in wasting a spare slot). A Lizzie 3d was picked up easily on edge in Park 1 and Field 1, but the signal all but disappeared in the centre of the coil on the north/south direction. I then tried an 1885 dollar in the custom mode, with pretty much the same results.

Absolutely not a scientific test by any means... just a quick look out of concern. It does seem at first appearance that there may be a 'blind spot' on the coil in multi, but any real testing will have to wait.
Equinox 800
Garrett Ace 400i
C-Scope 1220b

“My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never happened.”

User avatar
broadsmaster
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:19 pm
Location: East Norfolk
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by broadsmaster » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:13 pm

i agree with you fred about field 1 , i tend to use all metal with recovery 4 or 5 depending on location and iron bias at 2 all the time, it does false a little but after running explorers and the etrac with no dicscimination for years its not a problem for me and i would rather go back over a bad target than miss a good one .i have also moved the break point to zero as i have a 9ct gold pendant that rings up at 2 on the vdi , luckily in norfolk we dont get a lot of coke otherwise it would be a no no.
minelab equinox 800
Xp orx with 9" x35 coil

User avatar
fred
Posts: 10615
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 2478 times
Been thanked: 6297 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by fred » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:49 pm

broadsmaster wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:13 pm
i agree with you fred about field 1 , i tend to use all metal with recovery 4 or 5 depending on location and iron bias at 2 all the time, it does false a little but after running explorers and the etrac with no dicscimination for years its not a problem for me and i would rather go back over a bad target than miss a good one .i have also moved the break point to zero as i have a 9ct gold pendant that rings up at 2 on the vdi , luckily in norfolk we dont get a lot of coke otherwise it would be a no no.
We do have some coke but it doesn't pick it up at all. I only know that't's there because I keep finding stray bits with the pinpointer. :D

I also detect in all metal (when I eventually remember to press the bloody button) but with the Tone 1 volume set quite low. I find that when there is very little iron it doesn't matter and when there is lots of iron I can slow down my swing speed a bit to make up fo the low Recovery Speed that I use. Hearing iron as a fairly quiet signal also means that the occasional squeak near iron stands out and can be properly investigated.

I find that falsing is not a problem when I can find a neutral enough area to do a good ground balancing but the sensitivity setting (usually 21) and the correct swing speed certainly helps to control it too.
Equinox 800 x2

Mud Max
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:53 pm
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 259 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by Mud Max » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:51 pm

All very interesting. It sounds as though this machine can really under-perform if you don't know how to set it up, but when you do, it's excellent by most accounts. It doesn't sound like a strong all rounder straight out the box, at least not on UK land anyways. More a case of putting the time in and taking the right advice?
Xp Deus 11" coil
GM5+SE


Jedi Master button finder

User avatar
fred
Posts: 10615
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 2478 times
Been thanked: 6297 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by fred » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:32 pm

Mud Max wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:51 pm
All very interesting. It sounds as though this machine can really under-perform if you don't know how to set it up, but when you do, it's excellent by most accounts. It doesn't sound like a strong all rounder straight out the box, at least not on UK land anyways. More a case of putting the time in and taking the right advice?
I would actually say that it's pretty good out of the box but a damn sight better once you start to understand it and customise the programmes. To be fair Minelabs have always been like that so it is more or less what I expected. :D
Equinox 800 x2

User avatar
broadsmaster
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:19 pm
Location: East Norfolk
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by broadsmaster » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:05 pm

fred wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:49 pm
broadsmaster wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:13 pm
i agree with you fred about field 1 , i tend to use all metal with recovery 4 or 5 depending on location and iron bias at 2 all the time, it does false a little but after running explorers and the etrac with no dicscimination for years its not a problem for me and i would rather go back over a bad target than miss a good one .i have also moved the break point to zero as i have a 9ct gold pendant that rings up at 2 on the vdi , luckily in norfolk we dont get a lot of coke otherwise it would be a no no.
We do have some coke but it doesn't pick it up at all. I only know that't's there because I keep finding stray bits with the pinpointer. :D

I also detect in all metal (when I eventually remember to press the bloody button) but with the Tone 1 volume set quite low. I find that when there is very little iron it doesn't matter and when there is lots of iron I can slow down my swing speed a bit to make up fo the low Recovery Speed that I use. Hearing iron as a fairly quiet signal also means that the occasional squeak near iron stands out and can be properly investigated.

I find that falsing is not a problem when I can find a neutral enough area to do a good ground balancing but the sensitivity setting (usually 21) and the correct swing speed certainly helps to control it too.
yes i find sensitivity set at 21 is my go to setting , funny you should mention forgetting to hit the horshshoe button rl; i am normally detecting away and start thinking this doesnt sound right then i realise doh!!!
minelab equinox 800
Xp orx with 9" x35 coil

Koala
Posts: 4878
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:47 pm
Location: Cheshire
Has thanked: 420 times
Been thanked: 1491 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by Koala » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:36 pm

Straying slightly of topic.

In "my opinion" this all would have been sorted if the right people had the pre production models and not mainly high subscriber Youtubers to promote the model rather than the feedback that could have been provided


Took XP awhile to sort out their flagship model. whos still on V1 or V2

Junior
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:53 pm
Has thanked: 329 times
Been thanked: 362 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by Junior » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:46 pm

Tomo wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:25 pm
Junior wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:08 pm
Tomo wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:01 pm
I was sent this video the other night so we both tried it in field one. I picked the thinnest hammered I had with no detail on and it banged out even at height.
What video ?? :-/
The link in the first post

O I thought it came from slimpickings.....sorry ::g

User avatar
Ladybird66
Posts: 2085
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:03 pm
Has thanked: 772 times
Been thanked: 1522 times

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by Ladybird66 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:04 pm

Well that was very interesting. I watched a couple of vids,while it was raining this morning, about this missing coins idea. Came back to it tonight and remembered I was going to test it. So out I went with a Victoria four pence and an Elizabeth 1st 3 pence. Only tested Field 1.

Observation 1, coins on edge easily picked up, good height.
“. 2, “. Flat. “. “. “. “
“. 3, Victoria coin came in at 15. The Elizabeth came in at 22 ?
“. 4, Double signal on the Elizabeth but not the Victoria when on edge.
This was with iron bias at 3 recovery at 3.

Now the realy interesting observation. The on board pin pointer is way off. (Unless I’ve got it wrong !). I was under the impression that the centre of the coil was ground zero. Not on mine it isn’t. I was getting dig centre in the upper quarter left. The double signal gave 2 dig centres, upper left quarter and 2nd open space right on coil. Double checked by hubby.
Does this explains all the complaints I’ve seen about the pin pointer ? I’ve not noticed before because I tend to go by sound rather than the screen.
(Very pleased to see I’ve figured out some of the same settings as Fred) :D

User avatar
Bargeman
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:25 pm
Location: Newbury
Has thanked: 959 times
Been thanked: 1480 times
Contact:

Re: Coins on Edge - Equinox Video

Post by Bargeman » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:18 pm

Here are some other tests with a coin/coins on edge, interesting ? well maybe. is this just an Equinox foible? I don't know at this time, no one else seems to be testing their machines to this extent, but I have four machines here, so I may well see what they all do on the same test with the same coin on the same day, with standard factory coil.

However, if you do do this test with your own machine (not Equinox) do NOT post your findings here, as this is an Equinox thread, and comparisons are not allowed on the forum, so post your findings in the correct detector area. ::g

anyway video stuff and nonsense x;







BM [:)

Walk that line, torn apart
spend your whole life trying.
Ride that train, free your heart,
it's midnight up in Harlem.

Midnight in Harlem, Tedeschi Trucks Band

Post Reply

Return to “Minelab Equinox Forum”