A not so brief guide to the Equinox 800 on land. Field 1. Plus 2 additions

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Equinox series of metal detector within this forum.
mcgold8363

Re: A not so brief guide to the Equinox 800 on land. Field 1. Plus 2 additions

Post by mcgold8363 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:16 pm

Hi Fred or anyone else that has any input, based on the area I am going to be doing next, a grazed pasture that has never been detected before, I noticed in one of my other threads you said there are a few updates from these settings? Would you still say that these are my best bet or would you slightly alter anything for the ground / area I am digging?

Would you recommend that I dig any solid tone I hear, that is solid sound (sweep both ways) no matter what the VDI is saying? Should I be ignoring the grunts of the iron? (-9 to 0)? Only digging over readings of 10 etc. don’t dig anything that jumps about etc.?

I want to go with as much knowledge As possible so I can learn and take note of everything you have advised and put it into practice as I’m going along (obviously I will get better the more I do, hopefully!!) but I want to try and get as much knowledge and learn as much as I can before I set off, again thanks as always.

fred

Post by fred » Thu May 16, 2019 9:43 pm

I would dig all targets except obvious iron until you start to learn the sound/number combinations. I am a fan of digging everything but on some sites it isn't practical. In one location today my poor tired eyes simply wouldnt take looking for any more airgun pellets so I didn't dig targets reading 4-6. :D
Equinox 800 x2

Easylife

Post by Easylife » Thu May 16, 2019 10:54 pm

mcgold8363 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:16 pm
Hi Fred or anyone else that has any input, based on the area I am going to be doing next, a grazed pasture that has never been detected before....
Field 1, Reactivity 4 to start with, Iron bias whatever you prefer though less is better. Dig all good 2 way signals and also some iffy signals as they are likely good also but maybe masked by nearby iron. Small gold can give a target ID of 1 so dig all numbers. In fact just dig it all as that is the best way to learn what your detector is trying to tell you iffy's and all and learn from it. Any minor setting changes are really not generally going to be a game changer as most will still find the majority of targets so don't worry too much about any minor changes. x;
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
White's TDI SL

Return to “Minelab Equinox Forum”