Gold modes

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Equinox series of metal detector within this forum.
Trickieshep

Gold modes

Post by Trickieshep » Wed May 15, 2019 7:51 pm

I have read a couple of articles and came across a video on you tube where Equinox users have been using gold mode on pasture. Has anyone tried this or is it a no no?

fred

Re: Gold modes

Post by fred » Wed May 15, 2019 9:37 pm

I've tried it - briefly. :D Easylife and one or two others have also given it a shot so you might be able to find their posts on it. I have heard one or two people claim that it's wonderful but it's far too noisy for me.
Equinox 800 x2

Easylife

Re: Gold modes

Post by Easylife » Thu May 16, 2019 11:30 am

Gold mode is the most sensitive mode and I use it regularly on my pasture with a 15” coil though also use Field 1 if there is heavy iron saturation. As it uses the higher frequencies target ID's are generally enhanced and targets are unmissable. It's better suited to quieter ground though I've been using it with disc 4 and good targets really stand out over any small abrupt chirps from iron. Gold mode is a good one to use on previously well detected land where most of the scrap has been removed. Whether it suits you will depend upon what feedback you are attuned to. :D ::g
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
White's TDI SL

Return to “Minelab Equinox Forum”