Metal armrest for Equinox??

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Equinox series of metal detector within this forum.
Bradrick

Re: Metal armrest for Equinox??

Post by Bradrick » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:54 pm

Luke Grey wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:22 pm
Hi all,

I’m not taking any sides here. Just posting what I was told.

When I bought my Nox it was explained clearly about the cuff.

My Nox has been awfully treated by me, thrown in van,use it as a stand for spade whilst doing other stuff etc.

Mines never broke, as it was pointed out to me when I bought it.

You can take the disclaimer both ways I suppose.

EBBED817-AE49-43F6-A891-0E6F3394F7DB.jpeg
Interesting. I didn't get one of these notices when I bought mine, but that was a year ago and I guess that JA are just responding to subsequent issues. Not a great look for Minelab, but I'm wondering if this is any different to warnings that come with many other things we buy... 'do not over-tighten screws' on items such as flap packs, 'do not remove cover' on electrical items, etc., etc. Warranties would also be considered 'user error' and invalid in these cases.

As mentioned above, the cup is over-generous for some and I could easily imagine a few people trying to overcome that by 'clasping' their arm in place. I keep the strap connected, but only loosely to take the weight (as my forearm moves forward). I can easily slip my arm in and out, even with a coat. As I said, the neoprene cover reduces the width.

No a great optic for Minelab, but makes sense to me.

NOTE: I am the artist formerly known as 'SuperRed'

Equinox 800
Garrett Ace 400i
C-Scope 1220b

“My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never happened.”

DelphiOne

Re: Metal armrest for Equinox??

Post by DelphiOne » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:56 pm

dirtdigger1 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:31 pm
I'm sick of my plastic Equinox armrest breaking.

Yes, it's go warranty, but still costs me £4.50 to send it off to the dealer each time it breaks.

So, i'm really looking for help here guys, does anyone know of a metal armrest that will fit the Equinox without having to modify it?

cheers
Matt
Anyone looking for a metal armrest, take it from me i have been using one for the last 3-4 months.Be warned though it's going to cost you.
As posting links is a No No, type this exactly into Fleabay without brackets ( Armrest Cuff for Minelab X-Terra )
This armrest is metal and fits the nox perfect with a little bit of fiddiling Eg:- a small piece of rubber or cut garden hose round the nox shaft were the bolt goes through to secure the armrest.

I hope this helps some of you guys out. Expensive but worth it.

Return to “Minelab Equinox Forum”