‘The Equinox’ handbook by Andy Sabisch

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Equinox series of metal detector within this forum.
Junior

‘The Equinox’ handbook by Andy Sabisch

Post by Junior » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:59 am

Just noticed this is out .... might b old news ????

The Equinox Series Handbook by Andy Sabisch
This new book from Andy Sabisch covering both 600 and 800 models, contains everything you need to master the Minelab Equinox quickly, gaining from the experience of the author and numerous experts who have contributed.

Topics Include:-

Learn about every control, what it does and importantly, when to adjust them.
Get tips and techniques from experienced Equinox users from all around the globe.
Learn the best methods to search specific targets like coins, relics, jewelry and gold nuggets.
Learn about the practical uses of metal detecting such as competition hunting, starting a recovery service and assisting law enforcement.
Discover accessories that will help your searches and protect your investment for the future.
If you are already an Equinox owner, the book will help you find more and make learning the machine even easier.

If you are considering getting an Equinox the book will answer your questions and help you to understand just why it has been so popular and what sets this machine apart from other detectors that came before it.

Buriedbytime&dust

Re: THE EQUINOX Handbook By Andy Sabisch

Post by Buriedbytime&dust » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:49 am

It was released here a few weeks back. If his other detector Handbooks are anything to go by, it'll be a very useful read for Equinox owners.

I'll be getting a copy soon ::g

Bradrick

Post by Bradrick » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:37 am

I saw this advertised a couple of months ago, but I wasn't sure if it is just a rehashed/extended version of the (in my view) comprehensive Equinox instruction manual, or if it offered anything more to people who have already become familiar with the nox.

28 quid (inc p&p) seems excessive if it is the former, but I would consider a punt if the latter. I'll watch the posts with interest to see if someone already has it and what they think.
Equinox 800
Garrett Ace 400i
C-Scope 1220b

“My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never happened.”

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:28 pm

Hello all, just as a heads up we have this book listed on our MDFShop ::g

Direct link here - THE EQUINOX Handbook By Andy Sabisch

Buriedbytime&dust

Post by Buriedbytime&dust » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:06 pm

SuperRed wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:37 am
I saw this advertised a couple of months ago, but I wasn't sure if it is just a rehashed/extended version of the (in my view) comprehensive Equinox instruction manual, or if it offered anything more to people who have already become familiar with the nox.

28 quid (inc p&p) seems excessive if it is the former, but I would consider a punt if the latter. I'll watch the posts with interest to see if someone already has it and what they think.
It will be far more than just a padded out version of the manual. I have the Sabisch Handbooks for the Deus and CTX and they're brilliant. Lots of tips from the author and other experienced users from around the world ::g

Easylife

Post by Easylife » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:11 pm

u;@ ::g
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
White's TDI SL

Bradrick

Post by Bradrick » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:13 pm

Buriedbytime&dust wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:06 pm
SuperRed wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:37 am

It will be far more than just a padded out version of the manual. I have the Sabisch Handbooks for the Deus and CTX and they're brilliant. Lots of tips from the author and other experienced users from around the world ::g
Thanks BBT&D. I actually ordered one from the MDF shop half an hour ago (a few quid cheaper than I have seen it advertised elsewhere and I couldn't resist). ::g

Brad
Equinox 800
Garrett Ace 400i
C-Scope 1220b

JBM

Post by JBM » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:01 pm

Andy Sabisch is a master at producing handbooks. ::g

He has produced a couple of excellent XP Deus ones in the last 10 years.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:02 pm

I assume The Nox handbook is very much on the lines of the CTX one.

The CTX version has 2 pages about "What this book is and is not". It starts by saying "This book is not intended to simply repeat what is contained in the instruction manual but rather to provide you, the reader with a strong understanding of the CTX3030's features eneabling you to set it up for maximum performance under any condition and any type of treasure hunting".

So I doubt if anybody needs to worry about it just being a rehash of the manual.

Evan

tcawood

Re: ‘The Equinox’ handbook by Andy Sabisch

Post by tcawood » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:49 pm

Very tempted... be interested to see people's thoughts...
Rutus Alter 71, Equinox 600, Makro Pinpointer, Spartan Spade
YouTube - tcDetects

Bradrick

Post by Bradrick » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:47 am

mrix wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:28 pm
Hello all, just as a heads up we have this book listed on our MDFShop ::g

Direct link here - THE EQUINOX Handbook By Andy Sabisch
Good old MDF: ordered this at 3:00 pm yesterday and it arrived (well-packaged) at 9:00 am this morning. That is service!!

Initial impression: it does look well worth a read. I've had my nox for over a year, but there is still enough of interest to offer me a relaxing read on the garden bench today. For those just about to buy a nox or who are new to it I would say that it is an essential companion to the instruction manual. Tips, etc, and some interesting looking stories. There is even a section on 'my settings' (for those who like to follow these things). I saw someone of FB recently who said they have had the nox for a few months, and asking where they can download the manual... says it all really. The format reminds me of a cross between the Haynes manuals and the 'for idiots' series.

So yes, worth the money in my opinion and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Brad
Equinox 800
Garrett Ace 400i
C-Scope 1220b

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:29 pm

I ordered a new Nox 15" coil on Saturday from the MDF shop, and got this handbook as well (both cheaper than other web sites). They were dispatched yesterday and arrived today. ::g

Unsurprisingly the plan was to get out and try the coil :D but steady rain also arrived today ;;z Although the Nox is waterproof I am not and as I get older I get fussier about what conditions I go out in (the finds will still be there tommorrow).

So I have just had an initial scan at the handbook instead. ::g

It follows the same general format as the CTX one, and looks to be very comprehensive.
Even with only a quick scan I have learnt a bit more, although I did head for specific pages that I was interested in.
Considering other recent threads I also noticed that it had a few paragraphs about alternative carbon fibre and collapsible shafts.

It is certainly not a rehash of the manual, nor advertising for ML.

So my views fully agree with those of SuperRed above, and I have already come to the same conclusion "So yes, worth the money in my opinion and I'm looking forward to reading it."

Evan

Bors

Post by Bors » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:31 pm

Evan, It might be worth remembering the Equinox is waterproof but the Headphones that come with it are not ,just in case you get a sudden downpour.

Return to “Minelab Equinox Forum”