Bluetooth headphones won’t connect

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Equinox series of metal detector within this forum.
Gizzi123

Bluetooth headphones won’t connect

Post by Gizzi123 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:25 pm

Hi everyone
Was just wondering if anyone can give some advice
I got miccus 71 stealth headphones for my equinox 600 and I’ve
Tried everything to get them to connect with no joy but
They connect to my phone fine I’m starting to think there’s a
Bluetooth issue with my equinox they are aptx low latency
As well. If anyone has any ideas of anything new I could try
It would be great
Thanks Craig :)

Pete E

Re: Bluetooth headphones won’t connect

Post by Pete E » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:32 pm

Can you see the Nox when you search for Bluetooth devices from your phone?
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

Ladybird66

Post by Ladybird66 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:24 am

Do you have the Manual ? If you do, have a look at page 56. You will find instructions on how to turn on Bluetooth and connect head phones.

If you don’t (you should) the instructions are clear. Make sure your head phones are turned off and no more than 3 ft away from Detector.
Press and hold the Bluetooth button, right side of controller, for 5 seconds till you see the Bluetooth symbol appear on the screen, top right.
Turn on headphones, press button till they flash blue & red. Pairing will begin. When light on headphones stays blue and flashes every few seconds they are paired and a headphone symbol will appear next to the Bluetooth symbol on the controller screen.

First attempt may take a little longer, be patient, manual says 5 mins. If not paired by then, have a cup of tea then start all over.
Believe me it can be infuriating but once paired all you have to do next time and forever after is turn on Detector, look for b/t symbol, turn on phones, wait for blue & red flash and they will pair immediately, every time.

Best of luck. Remember patience is a virtue :D

Gizzi123

Post by Gizzi123 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:00 am

Thanks ladybird66
I will try again hopefully it will work this time
Craig ::g

ajb6864

Post by ajb6864 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:51 am

Hi Gizzi123

I had a similar problem.

Just make sure you have the Bluetooth symbol on your Nox before you press the multi-function button on your headphones to start pairing.

It took me a few tries to sort it out, but once paired they connect every time effortlessly when you switch on.

Alan

fred

Post by fred » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:09 am

ajb6864 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:51 am
Hi Gizzi123

I had a similar problem.

Just make sure you have the Bluetooth symbol on your Nox before you press the multi-function button on your headphones to start pairing.

It took me a few tries to sort it out, but once paired they connect every time effortlessly when you switch on.

Alan

It doesn't actually seem to me to make any difference which order you turn them on or what symbols are showing. Just remember that after they have been paired if you want a quick connection each time then take your finger off the button on the headphones as soon as the blue light comes on. If you leave it too long the red light flashes and you will have to go through the whole pairing routine again (and waste 20 seconds of valuable naff all finding time :D).
Equinox 800 x2

Spearhead

Post by Spearhead » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:02 am

I also found connecting a real pain and fiddly ( with Nox 800). The WM08 box completely solved it. No more messing around with small buttons and connection made every time within seconds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dangerous Norman

Post by Dangerous Norman » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:19 am

I found the nox was a bit iffy pairing & connecting with bluetooth headphones if there were other detectors near and if there ware phones close (ie in the house). The WM08 module is a massive improvement as that connects almost instantly instantaneously with far less noticeable lag than even the low latency headphones.

Goldid

Post by Goldid » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:57 pm

It is true that the module WM08 module is faster than the headset of the order of a few milliseconds, I look for a good earphone my my Nox 800 do you know one?
excuse my bad english

Bors

Post by Bors » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:22 pm

wireless or wired?
Last edited by Bors on Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Dangerous Norman

Post by Dangerous Norman » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:36 pm

Goldid wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:57 pm
It is true that the module WM08 module is faster than the headset of the order of a few milliseconds, I look for a good earphone my my Nox 800 do you know one?
excuse my bad english
I could never get Chris-cross pinpointing accurate, was always a few CM off so had to double check with the pinpoint button. Changed to the WM08 and chris-cross is not spot on. OK you have to use wired phones but as the module clips on your jacket or slips in a pocket you're not tied to the detector.

ajb6864

Post by ajb6864 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:08 pm

fred wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:09 am
ajb6864 wrote:
Hi Gizzi123

I had a similar problem.

Alan

It doesn't actually seem to me to make any difference which order you turn them on or what symbols are showing. Just remember that after they have been paired if you want a quick connection each time then take your finger off the button on the headphones as soon as the blue light comes on. If you leave it too long the red light flashes and you will have to go through the whole pairing routine again (and waste 20 seconds of valuable naff all finding time :D).
Fred, I actually found the opposite.

I bought the Miccus headphones separately to the Equinox 600 and the instructions were contradictory. I'd tried following the Equinox instructions and it would not connect, but as soon as I went by the Miccus instructions it connected first time.

Alan

fred

Post by fred » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:43 pm

ajb6864 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:08 pm
fred wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:09 am
ajb6864 wrote:
Hi Gizzi123

I had a similar problem.

Alan

Fred, I actually found the opposite.

I bought the Miccus headphones separately to the Equinox 600 and the instructions were contradictory. I'd tried following the Equinox instructions and it would not connect, but as soon as I went by the Miccus instructions it connected first time.

Alan

Might be because I am using the Minelab headphones which came with the 800? :D I tried it both headphones on first and machine on first today and it connected within about 3 or 4 seconds either way around.
Equinox 800 x2

ajb6864

Post by ajb6864 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:52 pm

Once they are paired Fred, you are right. It is the initial pairing that the post is regarding. Even Minelab says it looks for the WM08 module first for 15 seconds before it looks for anything else.

The Miccus SR71 headsets are the same model as the Minelab branded headphones, but £80 cheaper! The instructions for the headphones regarding pairing is different to the Equinox manual.

Kindest regards
Alan

fred

Post by fred » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:19 pm

ajb6864 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:52 pm
Once they are paired Fred, you are right. It is the initial pairing that the post is regarding. Even Minelab says it looks for the WM08 module first for 15 seconds before it looks for anything else.

The Miccus SR71 headsets are the same model as the Minelab branded headphones, but £80 cheaper! The instructions for the headphones regarding pairing is different to the Equinox manual.

Kindest regards
Alan
Despite pefectly clear instructions in the Nox manual it took an embarrassingly long time for me to get the hang of both pairing and then turning them on efficiently. :D
Equinox 800 x2

Gizzi123

Post by Gizzi123 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:05 am

Thanks for everyone’s advice
Still won’t connect ;;z

Pete E

Post by Pete E » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:15 pm

Gizzi123 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:05 am
Thanks for everyone’s advice
Still won’t connect ;;z
Gizzy PMed to say that with his Nox turned on, he can't see it as a Bluetooth device on his phone..

Can somebody else with a working Nox confirm if it shows on their phone?

If it does, it points to Gizzy's Nox either being faulty or perhaps the Bluetooth function has been disabled in the Nox setting somehow...
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

Natroxz

Post by Natroxz » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:27 pm

I gave up, paird them at home and all was fine.
Came out in the field and nothing was working, tried it two times.
Second time I had the WM08 with me as backup, hav been using it since!

Return to “Minelab Equinox Forum”