Best Bluetooth Headphones for Equinox.

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Equinox series of metal detector within this forum.
Badger1935

Best Bluetooth Headphones for Equinox.

Post by Badger1935 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:03 pm

If you had the choice taking into consideration "Sound" "Comfort""Durability"&"Cost.What Bluetooth Phones would you recommend.I just feel the supplied ML80 phones are lacking in a lot of departments,Certainly to tight a fit and to small a size to be comfortable.

Pete E

Re: Best Bluetooth Headphones for Equinox.

Post by Pete E » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:43 pm

I can't say they are the best but I am very pleased with August EP 650 which are low latency. I bought them originally to use with my Racer and they were about £15 "make an offer" off that well known auction site.

When I bought my Nox I had similar feelings about the included ML 80 headphones, so tried the EP650s.

They paired fine with the Nox, including giving the low latency symbol on the display and on a couple of tests they seemed louder and with better sound. I ve not actually tried them in the field with the Nox but have used them a lot with the Racer and they have held up fine.

August do an app for your phone which enables you to alter the sound quality and I have mine set to "classical"..You only need set it once as the settings are retained even after switching the head phones off etc.

The only down side is that they are not super heavy duty like some purpose designed detector headphones, but for the price you can't go wrong....
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

Ten pence!

Post by Ten pence! » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:55 pm

I use a set of Sennheiser CX BT 6.0 earbuds, I must admit that for the first hour I was not sure if having these things stuck in my ears was right, by the second hour I had forgotten I had them in!
The supplied earphones are pretty flimsy to be honest and unless you are very careful are prone to damage in the field.

fred

Post by fred » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:55 pm

I know that headphones are very much a question of personal taste but I think that the sound quality and volume of the supplied ones is pretty good. They have survived being out in all weathers for 18 months, which even ruggedised purpose made ones seldom did with my previous detectors. I am also surprised that size is an issue as they extend on both sides by quite lot. :D
Equinox 800 x2

rex123

Post by rex123 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:52 am

I found the Trond models very good, and no messing around with pairing, good sound and fit, £43.

Return to “Minelab Equinox Forum”