Laser Trident II or Tejon

Topics related to Tesoro / Laser metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Tesoro / Laser Videos
barnabythebear

Laser Trident II or Tejon

Post by barnabythebear » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:32 pm

Hiya,

I am looking at both of these detectors as my next machine. I was originally keen on the Tejon but the price has risen a bit (I need to buy from a supplier who does interest free credit!). The Trident II is over £100 cheaper. I know they both have different power supplies and reading round it seems that this in one of the Tejon's plus points and is part of what makes it a good performer. Would I be disappointed with the Trident's performance in comparison with the Tejon? Other than the dual discrim they both seem quite similar?

Thanks,

Nige :)

Tesoro Tejon & 8x11 DD

Mega B

Re: Laser Trident II or Tejon

Post by Mega B » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Never used a Tejon but do own and use a Trident11 Extreme,the standard Trident 1 and 2 have a single battery in the control box,but the Extreme version which Pentechnic modify has the Tejon battery box behind the armcup and as i understand it this was done so that it could supply the better battery power for the Extreme.

The Tejon has the nickname of being called the 'Animal' and for a very good reason it does work well but also saying that the Trident11 is a very capable machine,infact i really like using mine its deadly on trashy sites as both these machines and also most of the other Tesoro/Laser detectors have one of the best discriminating systems going especially with the Concentric range of coils.They also are very good with the Widescan range of coils as well on discrimination as well.

The weight of these 2 machines are pretty amazing even my Trident with the 11x8 coil on is as light as a feather.even more so with a smaller 5.75'' coil on for stubble busting and extreme trashy sites.

Cannot comment about the Tejon but they are very reliable and capable machines ::g

The real monty

Post by The real monty » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:23 pm

With the tejon on a extremely iron infested site your find many more finds per session than any other machine except for maybe the lobo supertrac.
Both machines make use of tesoro's e180 discrimination circuit.
If I had to make that same choice for my fields where one in particular is a carpet of roman iron shoe nails then it's the tejon over every other machine

Oaktree

Post by Oaktree » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:41 am

I had the Tejon for a few years and found it a great detector.its a very sensitive detector.i used both the spider coil for in and around iron and the 10x12 Tesoro coil.never used the trident but obviously the help you have already been given will take you a long way.i found with the Tejon there is no need to run the sensitivity to high.what ever you choose good luck with it and your detecting.

barnabythebear

Post by barnabythebear » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:57 pm

Hiya,

Thanks for the responses! My heart says Tejon but my wallet says Trident :)

Thanks,

Nige.
Tesoro Tejon & 8x11 DD

borderfox

Post by borderfox » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:57 pm

Hi there, here's a thought for you if you are finding the Trident 2 Extreme/ Tejon choice a bit of a dilemma at the moment. Why not give Dave at Pentechnic a call, and ask for his advice? (01785714373). Of all the people in the U.K that have time-served hands on experience with the mechanics and workins of the Tesoro/Laser machines, Dave would be my choice, after all, Dave is responsible for creating the 'hybrid', and he is a very direct man who will not waste words. I spoke with Frank Mellish very recently, (Treasureworld U.K: Tesoro importer/sales :07971304050) and he gave a good opinion of the Extreme. Regards. HH. Tim.

Oaktree

Post by Oaktree » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:10 am

The Tejon is a great detector.i used one for about three years and it found me some really good stuff.i always kept the sensitivity on about 2or 3.i have never used the trident.but good luck with your choice.

celtic

Post by celtic » Sat May 25, 2019 4:16 pm

Tejon great machine with dd coil.

Davethepaint

Post by Davethepaint » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:39 am

Good direct comparison test on u tube say Tejon slightly deeper but by very little plus Trident lighter. I have been using a much more modern type detector with vdi but went back to Trident extreme great iron rejection and silent search.

barnabythebear

Post by barnabythebear » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:42 pm

Hi Dave,

I'd forgotten about this post - it's quite old :)

Actually, I went for the Trident initially. It's a great machine, simple and light. I recently changed over to a Tejon however as I picked up a new one relatively cheap. It certainly is a different beast, once ground balanced properly it has the edge on the Trident and the dual disc is nice.

Cheers,

Nige.
Tesoro Tejon & 8x11 DD

Davethepaint

Post by Davethepaint » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:32 pm

Hi Nige funny iv'e just seen a tejon advertised cheaply. Might have a bash

barnabythebear

Post by barnabythebear » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:19 pm

Hiya,

They are a great machine once you master the ground balance. I use the Cscope wireless headphones with mine and love this set-up.

Nige.
Tesoro Tejon & 8x11 DD

Return to “Tesoro / Laser Forum”