Spanish beaches

Only topics related to permissions being gained in Continental Europe and Ireland in this forum.
beachboy70

Spanish beaches

Post by beachboy70 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:57 am

Back again from my winter trip to Spain ( Southern ) a very stormy winter it was with lots of sand moving around. Some beaches lost all the sand twice after they replaced it all after some very big waves of upto 6 mtrs on some days. Some beaches lost 25 mtrs of beach 3 mtrs high and moved it along the beach about 2 miles. So some days it was great detecting even if only for a few hours at a time. so the total ring count was 35 broken down into 8 gold , 28 silver the rest was copper / stainless steel + some parts of silver chains / pendants. Only saw 2 other people MD but the Police was always hanging around ( i got checked 3 times for permit) so the people with no permits was scarce. I now must get used to the lack of finds here in the UK. HH beachboy70 ::g

sanjuro

Re: Spanish beaches

Post by sanjuro » Mon May 29, 2017 2:09 pm

If your thinking about detecting in Spain please be aware of the permit situation here is what a friend of mine who detects there every year for 5 months at a time has found out.

''Hi members,
I've been in touch with the treasurer of a Spanish detecting club to try and clarify the rules for beach detecting in Spain, so got a reply yesterday...
The current situation is that without a Valencian government licence/permission you cannot use a detector, it covers the whole of the Valencian region from Peniscola in the north to San Pedro in the south.

We have already applied as an association for our permission although people can apply individually, the only thing we had to supply were members names and NIE numbers, the NIE numbers are given to everybody who lives or owns property in Spain, a bit like a national security number, although as yet we don't know if that is mandatory or not, if so people who are only visiting won't be able to get one.

The licence/permission apparently is only valid for six months so has to be renewed, it also comes with a long list of beaches that you are not allowed to detect on. As it stands if you are stopped by the Guardia civil, they log all your equipment serial numbers, all your personal details and take your photo, then you get a warning, which basically say's should you get stopped again you will be charged and all your equipment confiscated. Depending on which members of the Guardia stop you (some good, some bad) they may not give a warning but just confiscate your machines, there is no black and white in Spain I'm afraid just a lot of shades of grey.

beachboy70

Re: Spanish beaches

Post by beachboy70 » Wed May 31, 2017 11:51 am

I agree that you need that permit to be safe from fines / loosing gear. In the area i go the Police mostly dont bother you its the Guardier that will check your papers ,sometimes they see you but leave you ( but not often ) alone. The permit they issue only gives permission on the beaches listed on your permit, the rest are banned for MD. This year a Spanish MD spoke to me one day on the beach he was not happy that i was MD on his beach even though i had a permit he said he never had a permit for many years but one day he got caught by the Guardia and they warned him and took his details a few months later they pulled him up again cost him 100 Euro so he said to himself just bad luck he was caught again 200 Euro fine so he got his permit. He also said in the summer all the MD on the beach from many parts of Europe have no permit and when he goes along the beach he hardly finds anything as they have taken it all he said if they have no permit he is going to call the Guardier as the are stealing his finds, so be aware that some of the local Spanish MD are not happy about us stealing the finds as they say. The permit system is not fast also you have apply in person so for a 2 week holiday its not possible. Take Care all. beachboy 70 ::g

Return to ‚ÄúContinental Europe and Ireland Permissions‚ÄĚ