Newbie:- Royston, Barnsley

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
Willi4m

Newbie:- Royston, Barnsley

Post by Willi4m » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Hi, I'm Bill. I'm 55 from Royston Barnsley, South Yorkshire. My wife bought me a metal detector a few years back, a Garret Euroace. I unfortunately had some health problems with my back shortly after getting it and have never really used it, apart from trying it in a public field opposite our house. I'm keen to get started again, being a little shy to meet strangers I'm terrible at getting permissions by my self, but I feel I am not unique in this. That said I'm not bad with a little moral support. So Looking to hook up with some one from around here to get out and find farms we might approach, to get permissions from. A lot of the farms around here use sub contractors for the management of their fields, so it shouldn't be a big issue getting permission. Anyway they are harvesting and ploughing NOW, so its time to do some detecting. Feel free to get in touch.

SuperRed

Re: Newbie:- Royston, Barnsley

Post by SuperRed » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:13 pm

Hi Bill and welcome. Good luck in your search ::g
Brad

Equinox 800
Garrett Ace 400i
C-Scope 1220b

“My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never happened.”
"It doesn't matter what you do, just do something: Don't just kill time whilst time is killing you"

thefiggis

Post by thefiggis » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:44 pm

Hi Bill, and welcome.

Hope you get sorted with your permission seeking, but do bear in mind that whoever actually works the soil it's only the landowner who can give you permission to detect. I've got three farm permissions and all of the landowners use a third party to do all the work. Seems to be the way of things around these parts.

Good luck ::g
Essential equipment:
Some sort of electrical gubbins(I'm told it's a Deus). In various colours
Jenkins
Gin.

FUBAR

Post by FUBAR » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:09 am

Hi Bill and welcome to this great Forum. Greetings from East Riding.

BobbyTupper

Post by BobbyTupper » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:02 pm

Hi Bill

I`m looking to gain some experience, new to it all. Similar age as yourself, i live in Wakefield so not a million miles away from you. Just waiting for the delivery of my first machine so if you wanted to meet in a field somewhere lol give me a shout.

Stu.

Ronni

Post by Ronni » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:26 pm

Hi Bill,
I'm very new, detectorless at the mo, but doing a lot of research looking at old maps / google maps of our area, I'm from Rotherham. I don't have any experience in contacting farm owners directly, but I have a friend a work who says she'll let me on to her farm, I don't think that counts. ;'h Do you have any farms in mind that you might want a bit of support with when going to meet them? ::g I'm also in my 50's, let me know anytime. Happy hunting!
Ronni

Wilde.j

Post by Wilde.j » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:55 pm

Hi I’m jordan from Barnsley I’m also looking to start metal detecting for a new hobbie also I would really appreciate if anyone knows off any land to go to or if anyone would let me come and join them many thanks Jordan

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”