Hi from dover in kent

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
mick the chip

Hi from dover in kent

Post by mick the chip » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:12 pm

Hi all lots of years ago i had a short spell trying to metal detect but a faulty machine, family ties, lack of money and work i never got a real chance now wife and i are about to give it another go. I have got a new garret ace 250 and got a second hand euro ace and ready to go. we live near dover in kent have in mind a club or two and have a local land owner that is looking hopeful. So it seems we have all the gear but very little idea, Any help and advice would be so appreciated.
Sorry for the long intro hope to post soon with some good finds. thanks all Mike

dig-dog

Re: Hi from dover in kent

Post by dig-dog » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:33 pm

Welcome to the forum mike :)
It’s probably best to get your names around the clubs’ waiting lists ASAP as they may be shedding a few inactive members at this time of year.
Good luck and happy hunting
DD ::g
E-trac 13" ultimate coil.
Full XP Deus 11" coil / hf elliptical coil
Sniper spade

Luke Grey

Post by Luke Grey » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:05 pm

mick the chip wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:12 pm
Hi all lots of years ago i had a short spell trying to metal detect but a faulty machine, family ties, lack of money and work i never got a real chance now wife and i are about to give it another go. I have got a new garret ace 250 and got a second hand euro ace and ready to go. we live near dover in kent have in mind a club or two and have a local land owner that is looking hopeful. So it seems we have all the gear but very little idea, Any help and advice would be so appreciated.
Sorry for the long intro hope to post soon with some good finds. thanks all Mike
Hi Mick,

Welcome to the forum, I know you will find an abundance of information and super friendly people here. I certainly have.

I regularly do the crown beaches in Kent. Mostly south Kent.

I’m based in Ashford, so not far away at all.

If you ever fancy a meet up let me know.

Very best regards.

FUBAR

Post by FUBAR » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:01 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. Greetings from East Riding.

mick the chip

Post by mick the chip » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:43 pm

Many thanks for the welcome will be on here showing of our finds be it a rusty nail or something more interesting.
Thanks all Mick

fishypaul

Post by fishypaul » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:46 pm

Hi Mick welcome to the forum
I too live in Dover,I belong to a club up in Thanet and do a fair bit of detecting around our area,
My club has guest spots on many of our digs and I would be glad to take you along

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”