Newbie from Sleaford, Lincs

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
A-N-D-Y

Newbie from Sleaford, Lincs

Post by A-N-D-Y » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:42 pm

Hello All,

I am completely new to this, my detector arrives tomorrow a Garret AT Max, I’m thinking about joining the Kings Lynn club but would love to hear any other recommendations people may have. If anybody local ish wants to take out a newbie and share there knowledge and expertise I would be very grateful. Obviously anything detected on your permissions would remain yours I’m just happy to get out for a go somewhere 👍👍.
A little about me, Ive been a London firefighter for nearly 30 years and retiring soon and hoping this will be one of my hobbies as I have always had an interest in it.
All the best to everyone
Many thanks
Andy
PS what’s best to join NCMD or FID, when you join a club do you get this with club membership?

sweepstick47

Re: Newbie from Sleaford, Lincs

Post by sweepstick47 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:54 pm

Hello Andy, ::g Welcome aboard the forums and to this fine hobby.

Regarding joining FID or NCMD, it's a personal choice they both serve the same purpose. In some instances, a club will include membership of one of these organisations as part of their subscription costs so you'll need to ask when applying for membership. In some (many) cases, obtaining membership of a club can be less than straight forward as the majority have a waiting list, so if you're in a position to be accepted into a club as a member/waiting member I recommend you don't pass it up!

If you haven't already done so, have a look at this Hepful Guide regarded as the start point for new forum members and those new to the hobby too.
In the blue panel over there l;/ are the individual forums/sub-forums where you'll find topics and debate on virtually every detecting related subject.......fill 'yer boots ::g

Good Luck and enjoy your time with us here on the MDF ::g Regards ss47

PS. On a personal note, I'd like to add my respects to all in the fire fighting business ::g
A disservice is no service at all.

A-N-D-Y

Re: Newbie from Sleaford, Lincs

Post by A-N-D-Y » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:38 am

Hello sweepstick,

Thanks for the welcome and all the good advice, I have not approached the Kings Lynn club yet so they may not even be taking members on at the moment. I must admit I thought it would just be a case of applying so after your advice I will send an email to enquire sooner rather than later. If you know of any other clubs near me I would appreciate any information on them so I can make an informed choice. Kings Lynn is only an hour away but would be silly if there’s one right on my doorstep so to speak.
Anyway thanks again, for your personal note too very kind of you
Andy

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”