New to metal detecting

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
Richie sean

New to metal detecting

Post by Richie sean » Fri May 10, 2019 12:17 pm

Hello from matlock Derbyshire. A couple of weeks ago my partner got me a garrett ace 250 as I've been interest in metal detecting for some time now. So I'm very keen to learn and to join a group so could you please advise what I can do next.
Kind regards
Richard

Slapster

Re: New to metal detecting

Post by Slapster » Fri May 10, 2019 2:54 pm

Hi Richie, and welcome.
To start with, I would suggest, have a good search round these forums as there really is a wealth of info to be had from guys with shed-loads of experience.....
Whilst doing so, there appears to be a couple of local(ish), if my geography is correct, clubs to you listed on the "Clubs" pages.
If you have a garden - start there, as its sometimes amazing what you can find in your own backyard. It also spares the blushes in the early days when others can't see the trenches dug whilst you get to grips with your new machine!!
Only other thing would be to approach a local landowner (any friends farmers you know?) and have some private practice time.......
Whatever you do - ENJOY!!!
And remember - as I learnt quickly - the members here seem to be blessed with amazing levels of patience, and there are no "dumb questions" when starting out....

Steve
Regards from The Slapster, Cornwall, UK

Who used to have an open mind, but his brains kept falling out......

Equipment Details:
XP Deus 28RCW5
XP MI-6 Pointer
Shovels, Scoops, Bags, Coats, gloves and shoes.......

lonecoiler

Post by lonecoiler » Fri May 10, 2019 3:00 pm

Hi Richie, welcome to the Forum. After you have experimented by digging up half of your lawn check out the clubs section in the list to the left l;/ If you scroll further down you will find a forum dedicated to Garrett. I hope you enjoy this wonderful hobby and don't be disillusioned if you only find trash on your first outings- it's compulsory :D :;@
Garrett Ace 250 with NEL Tornado coil.
C.Scope CS4PI

So many fields, so few permissions

thefiggis

Post by thefiggis » Fri May 10, 2019 3:32 pm

Welcome ::g

In addition to the good pointers above, there's also a Beginners' Guide in the panel to the left which would be worth reading through.

Good luck and always shout if you can't find the answer to any questions you might have (unlikely as just about any topic you can think of has been covered on here in one thread or another :) )

Have fun.
Essential equipment:
Some sort of electrical gubbins(I'm told it's a Deus). In various colours
Jenkins
Gin.

Richie sean

Post by Richie sean » Fri May 10, 2019 11:04 pm

Thank you for the advice and will keep you all updated
Happy detecting
Richard

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”