New to this

This is not compulsory but if you would like to tell us a little about yourself then post here.
everhopeful

New to this

Post by everhopeful » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:27 pm

Hi,

All new to this, other than forty years ago I had a little metal detector which had difficulty finding the foil top off the old milk bottles even before the bottle was opened.

I decided to treat myself now that I work mostly at nights so I have bought a Deus WS4 to get me away from home during the day.

I live just east of Carlisle and have as yet, found very little worthwhile other than yesterday an 1816 sixpence and a bodkin type arrowhead with a hardened tip. I also found an item I find hard to describe other than it looks like a pendant style holder that held in its base a large stone. Clearly old. Other than the arrowhead all found in the same field with a very poor condition hammered coin, lots of buttons from 1820s

Once I am up and running on this forum I will post some pictures of my finds as I would love to have your help in identifying them.

Everhopeful

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Re: New to this

Post by liamnolan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:40 pm

Welcome to the forum, there are some excellent help topics on how to sort out your uploading of pictures, so have a browse through them at your leisure and practice a bit, do some ID request posts, use the Preview button to see how it will look and then edit and change as needed. Read the Hammy Code as its a good guideline of what info is needed so we can all make some attempts!
Good luck for the future, you are in a forum of friends, Liam :;@
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

chip

Post by chip » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:41 pm

Hi everhopeful, welcome to the forum. ::g
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

FUBAR

Post by FUBAR » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:00 am

Hi and welcome to this great forum. Good advice from Liam, follow it and you wont go wrong. ::g

everhopeful

Post by everhopeful » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:21 am

I have managed the cropping of the images, but have a little problem on the re-sizing. It looks as if I will have to download an app.

Thank you for the chaps who have sent a greeting. Although it is a little wet today I am off to ask for another few permissions. The local farmers are fine, but the private individuals who have just one or two fields in good areas just say no!

everhopeful

Post by everhopeful » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:44 pm

First time out this year due to work commitments I went to a Round Table charity dig here in Brampton, Cumbria. Unfortunately, the forty plus acres appeared to have been heavily contaminated by green waste causing several to leave before midday and very few noted finds of any interest that I know of. For any who attended this rally, please try again next year as the money raised is for charity. I hope the feedback is considered by the organisers as they should not have chosen land on a farm formally used by a skip hire and recycling company. A fact they were aware of but did not make open on their website.

Return to “Introduce yourself here Forum”