Want to learn all about detecting? Newbie (and others) Training Day 11th May

Please post any metal detecting Events or Rallies here.
mousytrap

Re: Want to learn all about detecting? Newbie (and others) Training Day 11th May

Post by mousytrap » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:51 am

This sounds very interesting and as a relative newbie I would be interested.

At the mo, it's on the bad part of my chemo cycle and I just won't have the energy, but if it gets delayed a week as it sometimes does, I hope to be able to come. Hopefully will have a better idea in a few days time.

If I came I'd have to drive from Hampshire on the Friday night and sleep in the back of my estate somewhere. Cant be bothered putting up large tent for one night!

PS Only have a very basic machine and hoping to not be looked down upon!!!! Hahahaha

paint

Re: Want to learn all about detecting? Newbie (and others) Training Day 11th May

Post by paint » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:53 am

There,s plenty of parking at the venue hope to see you there
Cheers Paint

liamnolan
Location: Hemswell, Lincolnshire. originally from Dublin, southern Ireland

Post by liamnolan » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:06 pm

Bargeman wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:42 pm
liamnolan wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:27 am
Hi all, below is the current list of attendees, anyone interested in being added just post your interest. If you think your name is missing then let me know, cheers, Liam :;@

1 - Zyrbalax
2 - Runnerflash
3 - Jeffdsolo
4 - Doeadeer
5 - Crispy
6 - Mikorc
7 - oliverb5829
8 - Luke Grey
9 - Pete E
10 - Slapster
11 - Kritika
12 - Beginner steve
13 - stevechelt
14 - Guy Marshall
15 - Telstar
16 - 59Velo
17 - BekiM

Friday detecting
1 - Bob79
2 - fred
3 - sweepstick47
4 - Stillburning
5 - Runnerflash
6 - Bargeman
7 - Liam Nolan
8 - mousytrap
Maybe I'm not allowed to detect on Friday x; :D

BM [:)
Of course you can! Its just for the numbers and some arriving on Friday don't seem interested in detecting before having a few pints, have added us both now, Liam :;@
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:08 pm

mousytrap wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:51 am
This sounds very interesting and as a relative newbie I would be interested.

At the mo, it's on the bad part of my chemo cycle and I just won't have the energy, but if it gets delayed a week as it sometimes does, I hope to be able to come. Hopefully will have a better idea in a few days time.

If I came I'd have to drive from Hampshire on the Friday night and sleep in the back of my estate somewhere. Cant be bothered putting up large tent for one night!

PS Only have a very basic machine and hoping to not be looked down upon!!!! Hahahaha
Have added you in any case, you will be made VERY welcome, Liam :;@
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make .. Spokesperson Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS Vice President European Council for Metal Detecting

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:42 pm

62 Mart & JohnnyG & son, will add you now! Cheers, Liam :;@

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:45 pm

update ... still lots of spaces, Liam OooO

Course members;
1 - Zyrbalax
2 - Runnerflash
3 - Jeffdsolo
4 - Doeadeer
5 - Crispy
6 - Mikorc
7 - oliverb5829
8 - Luke Grey
9 - Pete E
10 - Slapster
11 - Kritika
12 - Beginner steve
13 - stevechelt
14 - Guy Marshall
15 - Telstar
16 - 59Velo
17 - BekiM
18 - mousy
19 - JonnyG & son
21 - 62 Marty

Friday detecting
1 - Bob79
2 - fred
3 - sweepstick47
4 - Stillburning
5 - Runnerflash
6 - Bargeman
7 - Liam Nolan
8 - mousy

Cha62

Post by Cha62 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:20 pm

Hi Liam,

Can you put me down for this event, its perfect for me as i,m a complete beginner.

Just waiting on the arrival of my first detector a Minelab go find 44.

I will come down on the Friday ( from Grimsby) in my Motorhome ( all self contained), so if there is an area to park for the 2 nights that would be great.

Really looking forward to this,i think it's brill of you all putting the time in to plan this event .

Chris.

mousytrap

Post by mousytrap » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:39 pm

Hi again,
I have delayed the chemo a week but I will be having it that Friday, (It's the weekend after that that the inertia sets in).

I don't know what time that'll be yet, but I also have to deal with a 13 yr old autistic lad who can't manage the front door after school so it's unlikely I'll be underway until after 3:30!!!

Hence please take me off the Friday night detecting but hopefully I'll be there a suitable time for rolling into the pub.

Hopefully see you all there. Many thanks for organising this event. :)

Paula, who will be carrying a portable camping stool in case the need to sit down arises suddenly!

BekiM

Post by BekiM » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:02 am

Hi Liam
My name is down already - thank you. Can I bring my Son please? (15) Max ?
Thanks
Beki ::g

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:32 pm

Hi Beki, thats fine ::g Paula, looking forward to meeting you,Chris I have you on the list!
The more the merrier, big thanks again to Ian (paint) whose idea all this was and who has managed to get the land ::g ::g
Nobody gets a penny in expenses for the event, thats always how we run things and by giving something towards those who desperately need a bit of help, then thats reward enough.
FID - John Rigby of the NCMD has agreed to come along and give a talk but I have yet to hear back from the FID/Gill Evans as to whether they can do the same, fingers crossed, cheers, Liam :;@
PS - the weather forecast for the bar area in the Tudor Arms is dry to start with, getting warmer into the evening, high risk of dehydration so you are advised to drink copiously as a precaution :))

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:48 pm

is it walking distance Liam? and will we need to book a table for food Friday evening?

Walk that line, torn apart
spend your whole life trying.
Ride that train, free your heart,
it's midnight up in Harlem.

Midnight in Harlem, Tedeschi Trucks Band

Zyrbalax

Post by Zyrbalax » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:09 pm

I’m hoping to be able to join you all for Friday detecting if there’s space, although I live reasonably close so won’t be camping. I’ll need to wait till closer to the time before I know for sure, so don’t book a space for me just yet if it’s getting close to the limit ::g

Really looking forward to it, especially to meeting y’all in the flesh!

Cheers
Z
Minelab Safari

"There's treasure everywhere!" (Calvin & Hobbes / Watterson)

Best find 2019: Robert III of Bethune - Alost Penny 1305-1322

Paddynewgarrett400i

Post by Paddynewgarrett400i » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:17 pm

I’m down in Hampshire and would enjoy a training session?
Any help campsites?

paint

Post by paint » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:02 am

Yes there is camping at the venue also there is a camp site in slimbridge by the tudor arms where there are a few staying its up to you but the venue is free

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:08 am

Getting nearer, here is the latest list, so if you see any errors let me know, Liam :;@

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=108229&p=958002#p958002

Paddynewgarrett400i

Post by Paddynewgarrett400i » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:39 pm

paint wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:02 am
Yes there is camping at the venue also there is a camp site in slimbridge by the tudor arms where there are a few staying its up to you but the venue is free
i am new to this, but have been checking the rules of where you can and cant, Tried to find campsites in uk that take metal detectors people to stay. ( not much luck as i have a marked van also)

Paddynewgarrett400i

Post by Paddynewgarrett400i » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:19 pm

Can I ask if I can detect on the Friday or do I need the training day first.
Also my name isn’t on the beginners list anymore.
Paddy :(

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:45 pm

I just had a look Paddy, and you are number 23 on the list ::g

bob79

Post by bob79 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:51 pm

liamnolan wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:08 am
Getting nearer, here is the latest list, so if you see any errors let me know, Liam :;@

Follow this link Paddy, your name is down on here, you have not been removed from list.
You will be welcome to attend the Friday detecting session, no need to do training day first.

Bob ::g

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:20 am

Bumped for Monday visitors! Get YOUR name down for this very special event that will make history, Liam :;@

paint

Post by paint » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:58 pm

Hi everyone starting to get excited about meeting everyone, looking good for all land to be short cut as silage is starting to come off already might even be some cultivated to go on but can,t promise I will arrange a meeting place for the friday evening detectorists nearer the time also alot more information to follow over the next couple of weeks if anyone has any questions please private message me about the venue and facilities hopping to have a few beers and make it a really good rally
cheers Paint

paint

Post by paint » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:47 pm

Been out to club meeting this evening and had a good chat with the Flo for Gloucestershire and he is very much looking forward to joining us on the newbie day and passing on his knowledge to us he is also happy to answer any questions on his roll. This is a great opportunity to get those nagging questions answered!

Cheers Paint

stevechelt

Post by stevechelt » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:56 pm

I am meeting the FLO next Tuesday to show him a bunch of finds I made 30 years ago! He said "bring everything, even bits you think are rubbish", I may be there some time...

Looking forward to the Newbie day, even if I'm not really a newbie.
Tesoro Silver & Royal Sabres (about 30 years old)
Rutus Alter 71

Kritika

Post by Kritika » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:54 am

liamnolan wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:08 am

Hi Liam

Please can you put two of us down for detecting on the Friday Night 10th May, we are both attending the Beginners Training Course 11th May.

11. - Kritika (That's Me)

14 - Guy Marshall (That's Mr Elusive)
XP Deus 11' x35, NCMD Member, full of hope and generous nature ::g

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:56 pm

No probs, will do, getting nearer now! Liam :;@

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:56 am

Little bump for todays readers, still time to get YOUR name down on the list, an event not to be missed, Liam OooO

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:09 pm

Bump for all you Sunday Surfers ::g
A disservice is no service at all.

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:19 pm

Not long to go now, it is surprising how quickly this has come around ::g

And I thought I would add a little list of items that you may want to bring with you....

A hat if it is sunny
A coat incase it is wet
some gloves for rooting around in the dirt
Spare batteries for you chosen machine, if it takes batteries (or make sure it is fully charged)
Headphones
Spade
A bottle of water in case it is warm

and most important...

A sense of humour ::g

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:58 pm

Plus pen and paper to make some notes. If you can consider bringing something along for the raffle, that would also be very much appreciated. If anyone attending has anything they wish to sell then bring it along, could help someone starting out. I am now checking out those who will be giving some talks and sorting out a rough timetable for the day.
Ciao, Liam OooO

WeatherWitch

Post by WeatherWitch » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:31 pm

Please add me - never detected anything other than beaches and would love to try other sites
CScope CS4PI
Equinox 800

Return to “Rallies Forum”