Anyone recognise this please?

All Military and ordnance topics here.
Forum rules
Ordnance Forum Rules and Guidance :
By entering this forum you agree to accept the additional rules and guidance listed on the link below:
Ordnance Forum Rules

Forum rules
IMPORTANT Before Creating an ID Request, Please Follow the H.A.M.M.Y Code Below....
H - Have at least two good sized clear photos, this is Mandatory
A - About your detecting day, type of land, depth found.
M - Measure items by doing the pics next to a scale or ruler. this is Mandatory
M - Machine used? settings? interesting to other users.
Y - You will always get a better ID if you supply more information.

*PLEASE NOTE: Use of a modern coin or written dimensions no longer qualify as a "scale". We need a properly-defined measure - metric or good old-fashioned inches will do.
3pinplug

Anyone recognise this please?

Post by 3pinplug » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:44 pm

Hi all

Been finding either the grey disc or the tubular piece of curled back brass separatelt for a while now, today I found both bits fitted togetehr so obviously now know they are related. Anyone know what this is from? The grey disk is approx 33mm in diameter, something seems to have exploded out of the end of the brass tube as it peels the brass back like a bannana skin - best thing I could come up with!!
I detect a WWII training ground on the coast so I am pretty sure these are ordanance related but no idea what they can be from, hope someon can help?
Many thanks
Mark
bit1.jpg
bit 4.jpg
bit 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cscope CS4ZX

Danzigman

Re: Anyone recognise this please?

Post by Danzigman » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:05 pm

Nice photos, but personally I would like to se the size in scale or info.. Item look like brass, and something between or around 1940 -60.. Could be a drop handle with iron inside, or some incrusted mecanical item, like to insect pray pump... You could cleen it up with electrolysis..
XP DEUS. GPP VII. GARMIN etrex 20.
http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Danzigman/library/

3pinplug

Post by 3pinplug » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:05 pm

Hi Danzigman
The diameter of the disc is 33mm as posted I cant really post and accurate size of the rest as it seems to have been subject to an explosion which has peeled the bras back so it won't bear ant resembalance to the original item in dimensions.
Being its a beach from wwii traning ground that is why I am thinking ordanace as i find the individual bits quite often i.e the disc of the peeled back brass center piece but this is the first time i have found them joined so didn't realise they were from the same item.
Cscope CS4ZX

Danzigman

Post by Danzigman » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:48 pm

3pinplug wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:05 pm
Hi Danzigman
The diameter of the disc is 33mm as posted I cant really post and accurate size of the rest as it seems to have been subject to an explosion which has peeled the bras back so it won't bear ant resembalance to the original item in dimensions.
Being its a beach from wwii traning ground that is why I am thinking ordanace as i find the individual bits quite often i.e the disc of the peeled back brass center piece but this is the first time i have found them joined so didn't realise they were from the same item.
So sorry.. I missed that info.. Yes I se your point in the Ordanance connection.. ::g
XP DEUS. GPP VII. GARMIN etrex 20.
http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Danzigman/library/

Muddyknee

Post by Muddyknee » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:37 pm

Looks like a detonator or initiator for some form of ordnance.
People don't change when they see the light.....
......they only change when they feel the heat.
Garrett Ace 400i
Nel Tornado
NCMD No 19622

3pinplug

Post by 3pinplug » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:38 am

Cheers mudfyknee i will search that and see if I find anything
Cscope CS4ZX

Return to “Military - Ordnance Forum”