first 20mm hispano round

All Military and ordnance topics here.
Forum rules
Ordnance Forum Rules and Guidance :
By entering this forum you agree to accept the additional rules and guidance listed on the link below:
Ordnance Forum Rules

Forum rules
IMPORTANT Before Creating an ID Request, Please Follow the H.A.M.M.Y Code Below....
H - Have at least two good sized clear photos, this is Mandatory
A - About your detecting day, type of land, depth found.
M - Measure items by doing the pics next to a scale or ruler. this is Mandatory
M - Machine used? settings? interesting to other users.
Y - You will always get a better ID if you supply more information.

*PLEASE NOTE: Use of a modern coin or written dimensions no longer qualify as a "scale". We need a properly-defined measure - metric or good old-fashioned inches will do.
zodiacdave

first 20mm hispano round

Post by zodiacdave » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:04 pm

I found this on a farmers field about 6 inches down in my home town of Deventer Holland, after cleaning it up in my celler then I could see what I had, I found it was a live Hispano round, fired from a type of gun on wheels and should explode on impact like a grenade, inside this 8cm long projectile are some fantastic workings, hit the head, a capsule with acetone breaks inside and bang. I learnt this from the internet. Needless to say the authorities picked it up and I will always be apologising to my wife for bringing it home. DON'T TOUCH WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The last honest guy to enter the houses of parliament was in fact Guy Fawkes!
My wife said, OK Dave it's the MXT or me, what a stupid thing to say, It cost me 20 euro's to get her to the train station!

Return to “Military - Ordnance Forum”