Bluetooth Pinpointer???

Please post all topics related to metal detecting pinpointers, probes here please.
MDF Auction - Metal Detecting Pinpointers
Pete E

Bluetooth Pinpointer???

Post by Pete E » Wed May 29, 2019 11:35 am

Just curious if anybody makes a Pinpointer with a Bluetooth facility?

I am currently using a pair of August EP650 headphones and they are capable of connecting to two Bluetooth devices simultaneously...

At the moment, I am using them with my Racer 2 via a Bluetooth transmitter and would love to have a pinpointer for the other device...

Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

Shaneb3

Re: Bluetooth Pinpointer???

Post by Shaneb3 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:48 am

Hi Pete.
Out of interest what Bluetooth transmitter do you use for the racer2? I have the same headphones and I bought a Bluetooth aptx transmitter but still had pretty bad lag even though both headphones and transmitter are aptx LL. Got the red racer but could not deal with the latency.
From reading about the headphones I think they only connect to one device with the low latency codec so if you connect them to two devices you'll probably experience a lot more lag.

Pete E

Post by Pete E » Wed May 29, 2019 12:11 pm

Hi Shane,

Thanks for that warning....I was thinking of trying them with a Garrett AT Pro with the Z lynk but not sure if they would be compatible...

The transmitter I am using at the moment is the TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter with 4.1 Bluetooth and was about £22...I 'm not sure if this is still available as I see they they have now brought out a new model with 5.0 Bluetooth but at over twice the price...I can see if I can find the original link if you want...

Regards,

Peter
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer

Pete E

Post by Pete E » Wed May 29, 2019 12:15 pm

Shane,

Also meant to ask have you downloaded the August App to customise the sound performance on the headphones?

I don't think it will do anything for the latency issue, but the adjustments certainly improved the sound quality over headphones in the standard configuration..

Regards,

Peter
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:58 pm

I don’t think there are any bluetooth ones :-/ There’s a garrett z link pinpointer that connects wirelessly to that system, or the XP Mi6 for the XP wireless system, but that’s all I know of.
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 20 8=ypr

Return to “Metal Detecting Pinpointers”