Garret ace 250 advice

Only topics related to the Garrett ACE 250 metal detector here.
ploughchaser

Garret ace 250 advice

Post by ploughchaser » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:19 am

Hello everyone, I was detecting on my new permission yesterday and had my settings on my detector set on custom,with the sensitivity bar 2 notches from the top,I hit a target and pressed the pinpoint button but th reading on it kept pulsing up and down not letting me pinpoint the target, has anyone experienced this, if so some advice or tips would be really appreciated thanks. I never dug the targets but I marked them so I can go back to them once I understand what’s going on. Thanks chaps!👍

kenleyboy

Re: Garret ace 250 advice

Post by kenleyboy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:27 pm

Beginner steve wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:19 am
Hello everyone, I was detecting on my new permission yesterday and had my settings on my detector set on custom,with the sensitivity bar 2 notches from the top,I hit a target and pressed the pinpoint button but th reading on it kept pulsing up and down not letting me pinpoint the target, has anyone experienced this, if so some advice or tips would be really appreciated thanks. I never dug the targets but I marked them so I can go back to them once I understand what’s going on. Thanks chaps!👍
My guess is from your description while moving your coil over the target the pinpoint bar which is the series of squares which run from left to right was jumping back and forth .If you are using the standard coil I found that the pinpointing was pretty much well spot on and most of the time the target was central to the coil but not always .Whenever I experienced this I found through trial and error to move the coil up and down as well as left to right slowly when pinpointing over the target area . Once again , the icons should all black out fully once you are over the target but they dont always and in this case I would dig anyway . Once the soil is out then run your coil over to locate the target and pinpoint which should give a more definite reading . I am no expert but I have used my 250 for a few years now , I dont use it all the time but it is an old favourite . I use mine with the Tornado coil and I have found that they can be offset with pinpointing sometimes depending what the target is .This is purely from my own limited experience other more expert views may shed a different light on the matter .
I walk , I dig , I find ....naff all !

RossDG

Post by RossDG » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:02 pm

Also make sure that the coil is away from the target before holding down the pinpoint button - on the euro ace I found it could "overload" or not pinpoint at all if the pinpointing was started whilst over the target.
Equinox 600
Garrett EuroACE
Pro find 35 pinpointer
Leaky wellies!

ploughchaser

Post by ploughchaser » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:02 pm

Thanks kenleyboy and Ross,I’ll take your advice into my next session,I’ll let you know if I have any finds from these specific targets cheers, much appreciated gents!👍

Return to “Garrett ACE 250 Forum”