Counterfeit Garrett Pro AT, help needed

Only topics related to the Garrett Propointer and the New AT Pro-pointer here.
chafey69

Counterfeit Garrett Pro AT, help needed

Post by chafey69 »

Hi all, I recently purchased a Garrett Pro AT pinpointer from Amazon and received it today.
I knew once I took it out of the box it was fake!!
At first glance it looks genuine, however it feels cheap and light to hold.
When you turn it on it beeps once, not twice as a genuine one does there is no option to enter settings, when you press and hold it just turns off, no beep. I've reported it to Amazon who state that it was sent from a third party seller and have said I can return it for a full refund ( yes I paid full wak for it)
They have however asked for any pics to show how I think it is fake. As I've never owned a genuine one that's abit difficult to show a comparison.
I'm respectfully asking anyone out there if they could send me a pic of there genuine one. In particular inside the battery compartment. The one I have has no waterproof seals and looks really cheap and nasty inside.
Thanks in anticipation
Simon

Pete E

Re: Counterfeit Garrett Pro AT, help needed

Post by Pete E »

Hi Simon, can’t help with pic, but if you look on Regtons YouTube channel he has a video explaining the differences one of which is the weight..have a look and then weigh yours and if it’s under weight send Amazon a link to the video...
Regards
Peter
Equinox 800
Whites TRX Pinpointer
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 »

Pete E wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:08 pm
Hi Simon, can’t help with pic, but if you look on Regtons YouTube channel he has a video explaining the differences one of which is the weight..have a look and then weigh yours and if it’s under weight send Amazon a link to the video...
Regards
Peter
Good advice. I don’t have one either but you can take screen shots from this video ::g
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 »

This topic with the main points on the differences might help too viewtopic.php?f=97&t=113124
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

chafey69

Post by chafey69 »

Thanks for the response so far 👍 I have already checked out the Regtons video, mine only beeps once on start up, has no user manual or warranty paperwork. The inside of the battery compartment is very basic, no waterproof seals, cheap and nasty..... Was just hoping someone could provide a pic of a genuine battery compartment.... Will include the link to Regtons when I respond to Amazon.

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman »

Is the serial number correct

and

Last edited by Bargeman on Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Equinox 800
Rutus Alter 71

AndyM

Post by AndyM »

You dont have to explain anything to Amazon, just inform them you are going return it, and ask them to supply you with a prepaid label for the return.

Easy as that, good luck.

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 »

AndyM wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:55 pm
You dont have to explain anything to Amazon, just inform them you are going return it, and ask them to supply you with a prepaid label for the return.

Easy as that, good luck.
But the seller should be removed or some other poor person will get duped so it is worth reporting ::g

This thread does reinforce the importance of buying from a uk based, established seller though ::g
Carpe vinum

MIKE1961

Post by MIKE1961 »

Hi Found this photo of a Garrett Pro AT Pinpointer on line, hope this helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

oldartefact

Post by oldartefact »

The first thing to recognise is that you are a VICTIM OF FRAUD.. and now you have to act accordingly, or write-off your hard earned money.
When all is said and done "YOU WANT YOUR MONEY BACK" .. and rightly so.
1. If you paid with a Credit card (as opposed to a Debit card) contact your card provider ASAP and appraise them of the situation .. they are liable for 50% of the purchase price in the event that you are the victim of Fraud.
2. Contact the Amazon sales team ASAP,,, I usually buy from ebay,,, they maybe able to help. But you MUST say you are the victim on Fraud.
3. Was the transaction completed using PAYPAL? If so paypal are also in the frame, and may well give you your money back.
Hope that helps.
Imagine there is no heaven, only sky above us.

JBM

Post by JBM »

I watch this thread with interest. ::g

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

mrcheeky

Post by mrcheeky »

Amazon are the worst mate sorry to hear about what has happend to you .i only buy from reputable dealers mate
South London Metal Detector

JBM

Post by JBM »

I spotted the identical ones late last night carrying the name Garrett on e-bay. X(

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Bors

Post by Bors »

This type of behaviour has been going on for a couple of years now regarding fake Garrett Pinpointers sold on eBay and Amazon. I still do not understand how the trade is being allowed to continue by the Trading Authorities in the relevant areas their being sold from. Its blatant conspiracy to defraud the public, and yet here we are 2 or probably 3 years down the line since these Copies from China were first introduced onto these big selling Arenas and are STILL being allowed to be sold by eBay and Amazon. You can`t tell me Amazon & eBay are not aware of it. It's outrageous this is still going on . And the worst thing about it all is, nobody seems to care enough to stop this continuing. The Chinese importers are being allowed to get away with murder and its happening with many other copied products too.
I think the "authorities" know its happening and either feel powerless to stop it or don`t even want to stop it because let's face it, the Chinese make nearly 95% of everything we buy including legit stuff.
So I see little chance of this pirate fake stuff ever being stopped from being sold on these big company sites because the main problem is ,there`s big money changing hands and that's what the "Buyers on Amazon & eBay " are up against. No one it seems cares about the little guys in the street who end up being ripped off with the fake products. B|
Beware of the Man who shoots with only One gun.

ratty

Post by ratty »

As above, this sort of thing gets right up my nose. Customs and Excise seize and destroy fake watches ,trainers, clothing, so why have these as known fakes been missed. :-/
Ebay and Amazon both need a kick up the hindmost. ::g

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman »

I am guessing that as the OP said he bought through Amazon that he paid using his card, so he should be protected anyway. Not ideal, but he should get his money refunded. And then spend it at a proper d3aler

Equinox 800
Rutus Alter 71

newseeker

Post by newseeker »

They probably brought a bulk load off Alibaba dot com.
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab x-terra 705,CscopeR1

Return to “Garrett Pro Pointer, AT Pro-Pointer Forum”